- June 19: Dodge Dart Transmission Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- June 14: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Grand Caravans Over Airbag Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- May 7: Dodge Ram Emissions Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Chrysler Says news | 51 days ago
- April 25: Dodge Dart Clutch Lawsuit Should be Dismissed, Says Chrysler news | 63 days ago
- April 24: Lawsuit: Chrysler Gear Shift Confusing and Dangerous news | 64 days ago
1999 Dodge Intrepid
accessories - exterior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Intrepid, Stratus & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
Worst 1999 Intrepid accessories - exterior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- struts for the trunk will not lift the lid, nor hold it up2
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Doors: Latch4
- NHTSA: Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System4
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages1
- NHTSA: Latches/Locks/Linkages: Trunk Lid: Lock1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Defroster/Defogger System: Windshield: ...1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Rearview Mirrors/Devices: Exterior1
- NHTSA: Visibility: Rearview Mirrors/Devices: Interior1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Intrepid Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Intrepid compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Intrepid overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Intrepid.