8.0

1. replaced crankshaft position sensor (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Intrepid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Intrepid:

2003 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Jan 102009

Intrepid 2.7L V6

I was given this car from my Dad in an inheritance three months ago, so am I glad I did not have to pay for it. It is by far, the worst car I have ever owned. It blew a head gasket at 30,000 miles. I got it at 50,000 miles, in December, 2008, and within a week of owning it, it stalled making a left in the middle of a busy intersection. Mechanic said it needed a crankshaft position sensor. I later found out that same sensor had been replaced a few months earlier. One month later, while driving home from work in the cold Chicago winter, the car started running hot and smoking like hell. I was glad to get it to a gas station in time to get some sealant in the radiator. That was two months ago. Today is the first time I have driven it since then. Radiator fluid is topped off, but now the car makes strange knocking noises going forward, and a different strange noise when going in reverse. I will sell it honest, and will junk it before I take a chance on pouring repair money into this unreliable money pit.

- , Matteson, IL, USA