2004 Dodge Intrepid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Intrepid:

2004 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Jun 112012

Intrepid 2.7L

my 2004 intrepid run fine untill i was driving it after i replaced the oil sending unit cause the oil light started coming on,then while driving home the car just cut off and left me beside the road and would not even turn over,my mechanic did finally get it to turn over and crank but it makes a bad knocking sound in the bottom of the engine,can anything be done without replacing the engine

- , Aynor, SC, USA

Feb 252011

Intrepid SE 2.7L

I really don't want to rant or rave just looking for some guidance or help. My 2004 dodge intrepid at about 60000 miles had a trans issue which was covered by extended warranty. Now I am at about 94000 miles and there is a definite lower engine knock. I am becoming aware that it is a widespread issue and am looking for some recourse or action to take because I cannot afford to fix this and still owe payments on it. I have been diligent about oil changes, can't say every 3000 miles but by 4-5000 and have had no issues with warning lights at all. Never any warning just started knocking and now I am stuck with a car that will probably not last through the next month. I am usually not a cry baby but if this is a known issue the car company should be held responsible for the poor design flaw. I have my loan through Chrysler financial and am considering stop payment. I am not sure if this is a real option but am still 14 months out on payments and am told it will be about $3400 to replace the engine. We are just getting ourselves out of a hole from my husband being laid off a year and a half ago and are probably not going to be able to fix the car. Any assistance is appreciated.

- , Warren, MI, USA