2.9

2004 Dodge Intrepid steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Intrepid:

2004 Dodge Intrepid Owner Comments

Apr 112010

Intrepid

I bought this car used in June 2009. Less than a year later I began having problems. At first there was a loud knock on the right side under the hood, which ended up being the control arm- completely loose and almost disconnected. It hadn't been like that when I made this waste of a purchase. Over the last 20 months (12/2/2011), the problems have progressively gotten worse (and more expensive). The loud bang is back, adding to it a lack of full control of steering. I now have to replace the tie rod (entire system) and the rack and pinion. I understand why this car was discontinued, just not why there was no recall.

- League City , TX, USA

Mar 162009

Intrepid

After purchasing the 2004 Dodge Intrepid, my grand daughter noticed that there is excessive "play" in the steering wheel. I went to the internet and found that this a very common problem with a Dodge Intrepid from 1997 though 2004.

- Green River, WY, USA

Jul 272008

Intrepid

Steering failure on my 2004 Dodge Intrepid. Steering all of a sudden went real loose and car drifts and won't turn as it should. No damage to the steering mechanism or suspension.

- Piedmont, SC, USA

Jul 182007

Intrepid 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Intrepid. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle would float and move from left to right. The contact would have to jerk the steering wheel in order to control the vehicle. The dealer has not been notified. The purchase date and powertrain were unknown. The current mileage was 81,000 and failure mileage was approximately 65,000.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Oct 232007

Intrepid

My 2004 Intrepid will not steer without putting all my strength into turning it. The steering pump is working and I still can not turn the wheel without a lot of resistance. I have seen that a lot of others consumers have had this same problem ue to a faulty rack and pinion.

- Modoc, IN, USA