CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 has the well-known and documented problem with their dashboards falling to pieces, but it also has engine failure from oil sludge. That's a doube shot of awful in your morning coffee.

8.2

1. Dodge should recall the dashboard (safety issue) (272 reports)
  3. replace dashboard (94 reports)
  4. class action lawsuit against Dodge for inferior dashboards (15 reports)
  5. bought an aftermarket dash replacement (2 reports)
  6. dashboard, vents, radio replacement (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 16 of 25)

Jan 012010

Ram 1500 LX 4.7L V8

DODGE NEED TO STEP UP AND FIX THIS MY DASH BOARD IS F*CKED UP SOME ONE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

- , West Monroe, LA, USA

Jan 012010

Ram 1500 Sport 4.7L

I love my Dodge ram liked the new body style when they came out in 2002. I finally got one this year and it is in mint condition. I was a chevy guy all the why but I really like owning my dodge ram except for the cracked dash. I thought that the previous owner hit it or something but after reading comments on this web site it appears to be a big problem and dodge should take care of it. It obviously is a defect

- , Lincoln, NE, USA

May 012008

Ram 1500 ES V6

If Dodge doesn't recall, I will not buy another Dodge. I'm loyal to Dodge, but I'm very unhappy with this issue.

- , Bixby, OK, USA

Dec 012009

Ram 1500 1500 5.9L

I can't believe Dodge doesn't have a recall for this issue. I had the truck since 2005 and several issues with it. The transmission went out a couple of years ago. I didn't complain about the costly repair. But come on, the dash board should have never cracked like this. I give it a year and there want be a dash board left. This needs to be addressed by dodge, I can see why the motor companies are having finical problems. This will be my last dodge product. If they can't stand up by their product oh well. The hell with them. If anyone has any updates please keep me inform.

- , West Point, GA, USA

Dec 152009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

Poor craftsman ship. Made in the USA should mean something like it used to

- , Wyoming, DE, USA

Jun 152009

Ram 1500 SLT

I think that dodge should replace it because no one seems to carry the part.

- , Kingsville, TX, USA

Jul 042008

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

someone could be seriously hurt or Killed by the sharp edges of the exposed broken dashboards. Dodge needs a recall to fix this problem or the gov need to make them before Some one gets really hurt or killed. think about our Children Loved ones And babys getting hurt or killed by the flying sharp chunks of plastic breaking off in an accident.

- , Keithville, LA, USA

Oct 022008

Ram 1500 Lonestar 5.9L V8

cracks in dashboard cracks in dashboard cracks in dashboard

I've taken very good care of my vehicle and for being 8 years old now with only 50,000 miles on it...this is ridiculous!

- , Victoria, TX, USA

May 082005

Ram 1500

my 2002 Dodge Ram1500 has cracks in the dashboard. no place to fix it....no recall. I have been trying for 5 years to get it fixed. if i find the person who did this..well u get the picture

- , GROVELAND, FL, USA

Oct 092006

Ram 1500 ST 4.7L V8

Is there anything that Chrysler is doing to take care of this?

- , San Marcos, CA, USA

Feb 222009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

Been a dodge person since the 60'S It seems dodge has had the dash board trouble for a long time?

- , West Palm Beach, FL, US

Mar 072009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

The plastic dash for the defrost vents fell completely apart. Haven't fond a replacement one yet?

- , West Palm Beach, FL, US

Aug 042009

Ram 1500 LS 4.7L V8

I never really use my dashboard but it still looks like crap. I have gotten a comment from everybody that has sat in my vehicle because of how noticible it is. Dodge really needs to recall this part because it is something that should be taken care of to make more people respect the dodge truck more that other makes. I am a Dodge man all the way and I think dodge should fix all problems so they will not turn people away from continuing to buy Dodge trucks. The reaso I say this is because everyone that i talk to says that the better truck is a Ford or a Chevy, and i always go against them because i love my Dodge and all that it has got me through. Pleas create a recall and build back tha Dodge name for all Dodge fans. This is Nacci, GRAB LIFE BY THE HORNS!!!

- , Grovetown, GA, USA

Jan 012009

Ram 1500 4.7L

Notice a small creeping crack in the front dash near windshield earlier this year. About mid year notice a crack just above the glove box which is almost completely cracked all the way through to the front down to the glove box.

Dodge needs to come out with a recall NOW.

- , South Mills, NC, USA

Feb 042006

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L V8

This is complete BS that Dodge wont replace the dash for free. Every 02 Dodge has the same problem. If anyone out there with an 02 Dodge Ram 1500 and there dash is not cracked I will pay the money for it to be fixed but its funny havent found one yet????

- , Oakhurst, NJ, USA

Jun 012005

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L V8

My Dodge to date has run nicely and had few issues. Now with 129K miles I hope it continues running good.

The Dash issue is a royal pain in the ass. Dodge should have recalled this. If I were to be in an accident the shards of plastic from the dash would be flying everywhere and be an opportunity for injury. The dash is cracked in multiple pieces and continues cracking.

- , Saint Petersburg, FL, US

Jan 042006

Ram 1500 4.7L

For someone who really takes care of their truck and parks it in the garage 365 days a year, The dash board looks like sh*t...He has numerous little and huge cracks running from the windshield to the little defroster vents. and the cracks are deep...... Dodge needs to come up with something for the poeple who are driving their products!

- , Montclair, CA, USA

Dec 092009

Ram 1500 LX 4.7L

cracks in dashboard cracks in dashboard cracks in dashboard

i buy a new truck see what i have know .my dash is cracked all to hell. it has holes all over the place dodge should issue a recall this is bullsh!t i like dodge but if they dont do something about this i won't get another

- , Thomasville, NC, US

Dec 012007

Ram 1500 V8 4.7L

click to see larger images

cracks in dashboard cracks in dashboard cracks in dashboard cracks in dashboard cracks in dashboard

I think the goverment should do something about it. Nobody wastes time complaint. We've got more important things to do. If we complaint and it's not one rare case. It's a lot of folks with pictures to prove it. Dodge must have used very bad quality abs plastic when manufacturing this part. So what can we expect? I called the dealer and he told me that just the upper dash which is the one where the tweeters are located cost between U$ 189.00 and $400.00 for a piece of plastic that is going to give us the same problem again and again. Government regulatory agencies should demand Dodge to recall all cars and fix this problem once and for all. I will not pay about $800.00 for just two pieces of bad quality plastic. I hope we have a judge or congressman that has a dodge with this same problem so they can feel a little bit of our frustration and maybe they can do something.

- , Kenner, LA, US

Aug 152008

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

This is one of the reasons that American Auto Makers are going in the toilet. High labor costs and poor quality materials and workmanship. It's embarassing. And Dodge wants to brag about owner loyalty. What a joke!

- , Safety Harbor, FL, USA