1998 Dodge Stratus drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Stratus:

1998 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Nov 292004

Stratus 4-cyl

I bought a Stratus from a used car dealer, which I understand buyer beware. Just resently I had the tensioner bar bolt break off as I was driving the car, which could of cause a great deal of damage but I got lucky. Plus, I take the freeway to work each day, what if that would have snap off in the middle of traffic? my car completely shut off, immediately. Luckly, I was on a side street and had towed to a mechanic, I took it to the place that replaced my head gasket (another complaint) and they fixed it but also told me that Dodge had made a complete new piece for it and had to get the full kit. Which that costed me six hundred and fifty for that. I do have the old tensioner parts but I dont have the old head gasket parts.

- Kansas City, MO, USA