- April 22: Chrysler Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 13 days ago
- April 2: Chrysler Recalls Ram 1500, Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee recalls | 33 days ago
- March 9: Fiat Chrysler Orders 3 Recalls to Fix 3 Problems recalls | 57 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 65 days ago
- February 13: Chrysler Recalls Minivans To Replace Loose Windshields recalls | 82 days ago
2001 Dodge Stratus
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Stratus, Intrepid & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation. Also the 2.4L engine doesn't have the oil sludge problem.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
Worst 2001 Stratus AC / heater Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Stratus Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Stratus compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Stratus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Stratus.