- May 7: Dodge Ram Emissions Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Chrysler Says news | 22 days ago
- April 25: Dodge Dart Clutch Lawsuit Should be Dismissed, Says Chrysler news | 34 days ago
- April 24: Lawsuit: Chrysler Gear Shift Confusing and Dangerous news | 35 days ago
- April 17: Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler Valve Stems Focus of Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
- March 24: Dodge Ram Tie-Rod Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 66 days ago
2001 Dodge Stratus
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Stratus, Intrepid & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation. Also the 2.4L engine doesn't have the oil sludge problem.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
Worst 2001 Stratus transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure11
- erratic shifting problem1
- rough shifting1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...6
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Shift Pattern ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Stratus Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Stratus compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Stratus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Stratus.