6.0

2003 Dodge Stratus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Stratus:

2003 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Sep 112007

Stratus SXT 2.4L

Noticed that fuel gauge didn't start moving off full for about 100 to 125 miles. Then wife was 1 mi. away from home with a quarter tank on the gauge and ran out of gas... 16 gallon tank, added 2.5 from a can and 13.5 from the gas station. CEL came on with a p0300 code, "multiple cylinder misfires". Filled it up and so far no problem. Not sure if it's an easy fix or not?

- , Goose Creek, SC, USA

May 022007

Stratus LX V6

for the past few weeks my car has been chugging like I have put some bad ags in my car. i was using mid grade and even changed to a higher grade.. and used gas treatment... Now when Im sitting a red light it chuggs so much i feel like just getting ot and kicking the f*ck out of this car... so the light turns green the car hesitates and then cuts completely off... i mean damn what the hell is up Ive had the car for 3 f@#$&*g months.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Jul 242006

Stratus SXT

My gas gauge read 1/4 of a tank while at a stop light the car started to "chug" when light turned green I had no power and my car completely shut off

- , Fort Drum, NY, USA

Jul 222005

Stratus

I went and put gas in this car yesterday. It was right above 1/2 tank. That was ok. I went to work, after work I started the car and I had a full tank. Now mind you I did about and 1 worth of driving after noticing the problem and the gas gauge still has not moved. What the hell is wrong with this car?

- , Lockport, IL, USA