2003 Dodge Stratus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Stratus:

2003 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Jan 032008

Stratus 4-cyl

I bought a 2003 Dodge Stratus on 12/29/07 from junge in center point ia. Today when I turned the wheel I heard a click sound and the airbag light came on and has stayed on. Estimates to have this fixed are $250-$350. All dealers have told me this is a safety hazard and my operator's manual concurs that my airbag may not work. Dodge headquarters will not do anything about this. To me I am unsure why turning a wheel which is necessary should compromise the airbag and safety of the vehicle.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Aug 252006

Stratus 4-cyl

Car was involved in a frontal collision and the airbags didn't deploy causing person to hit head and have to have emergency treatment at the hospital. The whole bumper was crushed in along with the radiator being shoved into the engine. According to emt/police, the airbags should have deployed.

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Dec 222004

Stratus 4-cyl

My car has 41,000 miles. It is a 2003 Dodge Stratus. The past week I have noticed the transmission slipping/knocking. That's problem 1. the second problem is that last Wednesday I was backing out of my parking place at work, and I turned my steering wheel. I heard this pop and then the air bag light came on. According to the owners manual the air bag will not deploy. I do have the car in the shop. The technican working on the car says the air bag is not going to be covered. My car has never been in any type of accident and I feel that the Dodge Corp. Should be responsible for the repair charges!

- Hull, GA, USA