4.0

1. drill two holes and put rivets in (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Stratus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Stratus:

2004 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Sep 222008

Stratus SE

For about 6 months I had this clunking noise....it kindof sounded like popcorn popping but really loud!! Anyway, no one knew what was the matter with it so I brought it in to the dodge dealership in town. I had the technician drive my car while I sat in with him. He didn't know exactly what it was but he looked my VIN number up on the computer and it showed an alert for the front wheel wells where two pieces were rubbing together and making the noise. All you simply have to do is drill two holes and put rivets in. I have the maximum warranty (2011 or up 75,000 miles) and it wouldn't even cover it. Also since it was an alert (saying it may or may not happen) and not a recall I would have to pay for it ($115). It is not a safety issue it is just plain annoying. So I ended up leaving and we are going to drill the holes ourselves and put rivets in.

- , St Anthony, ND, USA