2004 Dodge Stratus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Stratus:

2004 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Oct 252007

Stratus LX 3.2L

I am so mad & will add more complaints. . .I only wish I had dealt with this immediately! My 2004 Dodge Stratus stops when idling. If I'm slowing down enough to pull into a parking space, it stops. When I'm on the highway in stop & go traffic it repeatedly stops. This happens more often when the weather is hot. The first summer I had the car, it happend once & I did not think much of it. I took it to dealer who ran diagnostic & found nothing. The second summer I had the car, it happened to me about 4 or 5 times but not with any frequency at any one time. This past summer (2007) it stopped on me at least 5 out of 7 days within the week; sometimes multiple times in a day. It never had any problem starting back-up, but on the roadway, it's scary & dangerous!

I'm into the cooler fall weather & this is the first year that it's turning off in this weather, & it's doing it about 2-3 times a week. I've called Dodge mechanics all summer (too busy to take it in because of schedule), but nobody's heard of the problem & they all act as if I'm making this up. As much as I like the car when it's driving properly, this could be my last dodge!

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA