1. replace both sides (4 reports)
2004 Dodge Stratus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Stratus:

2004 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Feb 262011

Stratus SXT 2.4L

same mount .had to replace strut mount again every two yrs. or so. tired of this car .will not ever buy another dodge car again . wish i could afford to send to junk yard where it belongs, and buy diff. brand. the cast allum is junk. it rots - make them from steel so they will only have to be replaced every 5 yrs. instead of every 2 yr replacement.

Nov 152008

Stratus SXT 2.4L

same as before, cast allm. junk. had to replace both rear strut mounts again.

Oct 012009

Stratus ES V6

This problem caused me to be unable to complete a car inspection. The strut mounts actually were made of aluminum; and totally disintegrated; they turned to powder! I live in NY; why would they make them out of this material. When my husband went to get the parts, Dodge was the only one who could order them! They weren't pictured in ANY book in any parts store! When the new ones finally came in; they are made of STEEL! I think this should be covered under a recall; but it was not! Had to replace the struts at the same time; the gunky powder substance was all over them.....they literally just fell apart into powder!

- , Baldwinsville, NY, USA

Jul 082008

Stratus SXT 2.4L

The rear strut mount and assembly on the drivers side rear broke. Apparently, when this happens, they have to replace both sides. My grip is that the parts to fix this are on backorder (over 7,000) with no ETA for the part. I am currently on a waiting list at (2) different local dealerships. I am number 24 at one and number 32 on another.

* Did I mention that the car is not drivable until this is fixed, but the dealer is willing to store the car for me, until the part comes in, at no charge. Aren't they nice.....

The guy at the dealership told me to "Sit pretty", he has had customers ahead of me already waiting 3 weeks. The backorder date keeps getting pushed back....I wonder if that shuttle is going to take me back and forth to work indefinitely........

Dealer only part with no after market parts in production *

- , Commerce Twp, MI, USA