2006 Dodge Stratus steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Stratus:

2006 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

Apr 272012

Stratus 6-cyl

My 2006 Dodge Stratus rear strut mount plates are disintegrated. Have only had this car a year and I took it in for inspection and the garage said I was very lucky I hadn't been in an accident due to the tie rod was falling apart. I am a single mother of 2 children and I am very fortunate that nothing happened. After being told by the garage about this I did research on the internet to find that there are many complaints about the rear strut mounts falling apart and literally crumbling. Yet I can not find it on a recall list. Dodge needs to recall this problem. I hope this is taken seriously and an investigation into this issue is pursued by the safety commission since there are so many complaints on the internet. I only had the money to fix the tie rod. Now some how soon I have to come up with the money for the strut mount plates, need to be replaced so I can drive this car safely with my 2 children.

- Erie, PA, USA

Aug 172010

Stratus

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge strauss. The contact was driving 65 mph as he noticed smoke emitting from the steering column. The headlights and blinkers failed yet there were no warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was shut off and the smoke vanished. The dealer advised that the multi-function switch within the steering column overheated and burned. The multi-function switch would need replacing yet the parts needed for the repair were on back order. The manufacturer was called and a complaint was filed. A representative was sent to inspect the vehicle and confirmed the failure. The manufacturer advised that they were awaiting a response from their legal department before proceeding with any type of repairs. The failure and current mileage was 40,000.

- Eva, AL, USA

Sep 112007

Stratus 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Stratus. While driving approximately 46 mph, the contact released the steering wheel and the vehicle veered to the right and left. The oil is constantly a quart low in the vehicle. The speedometer displays inaccurate readings and the vehicle was diagnosed with calibration failure. The current mileage was 57,000 and failure mileage was 41,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Sep 202006

Stratus 6-cyl

I was starting to turn left to enter a highway on ramp when suddenly the car lost steering for a second and I had no control of the car. I hit the brakes and clipped a curb which blew out the right front tire and damaged the wheel. I took the car to the dealership and their service department reported nothing wrong with the steering or front end. The service manager said I need to contact Chrysler and try to get them to replace my tire and wheel. The car only had 3,750 miles on it and the road was dry and free or anything which would cause it to not turn. Other cars had no problem turning left.

- Del City, OK, USA