2006 Dodge Stratus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Stratus:

2006 Dodge Stratus Owner Comments

May 012015

Stratus

I was hearing a clicking noise coming from both sides of my car in the front. I took the car to a mechanic and was informer that my lower and upper control arms were in need of replacement. The mechanic showed me the ball joints and lifted them up with a huge screwdriver. I was told by the mechanic that the tire could separate and cause a accident. I went to autozone and purchased the lower control arms and had them installed on the car. When I took the car to get the recommended alignment I was told that the upper control arms needed to be replaced as well. I had at the time about 169,000 miles on the vehicle. I have never received a recall letter from anyone about the problems with the suspension. Its very expensive to repair and very unsafe. I practically ruined a new set of tires because of this suspension problem and I am presently experiencing wear due to the upper control arm needing replacement.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Apr 302016

Stratus

My passenger side airbag is lifting from its place on the back side of the cover. This is a concern for me because I fear that it will release at some point due to the heat or motion. I notice the protrusion when I am cleaning up my car and I do not touch it nor do I prefer for anyone to sit in the front seat.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Apr 072016

Stratus

While in motion front driver side fell apart my wheel broke off, while going through the parking lot of a grocery store

- Abbeville, LA, USA

Oct 142015

Stratus 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Stratus. The contact stated that while in reverse at 5 mph, the front driver side collapsed on the ground. The contact noticed that grease was not applied to the lower ball joint. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the front lower control arm and universal axle were replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 37,000. Updated 2/4/16 the consumer stated there was a noise coming from the front of the vehicle. Updated 02/16/16

- Hillsdale, NY, USA

Sep 232015

Stratus

Came in to knowledge that my vehicle has recall notices in reference to ball joint issues. My driver side is starting to make noise, but I own my car and do not have a dealership to go to. Can I be directed to a dealership that can do the needed replacement?

- Bristow, VA, USA

Dec 172014

Stratus 4-cyl

Right lower ball joint separated from the control arm.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA

Jul 242012

Stratus 6-cyl

I was driving down the high way when I heard a bang and the car pulled me hard into the medium at 75 miles an hour. I totaled my car. This is the second time the ball joint has sheared off causing the tire to jam in to the fender. First time I was able to get of the road and it was on the driver side of the vehicle. This time it was on the left side of the vehicle. My 3 young kids where in the back seat and could have been seriously injured. Something needs to be done.

- Commerce City, CO, USA

Apr 272012

Stratus 6-cyl

My 2006 Dodge Stratus rear strut mount plates are disintegrated. Have only had this car a year and I took it in for inspection and the garage said I was very lucky I hadn't been in an accident due to the tie rod was falling apart. I am a single mother of 2 children and I am very fortunate that nothing happened. After being told by the garage about this I did research on the internet to find that there are many complaints about the rear strut mounts falling apart and literally crumbling. Yet I can not find it on a recall list. Dodge needs to recall this problem. I hope this is taken seriously and an investigation into this issue is pursued by the safety commission since there are so many complaints on the internet. I only had the money to fix the tie rod. Now some how soon I have to come up with the money for the strut mount plates, need to be replaced so I can drive this car safely with my 2 children.

- Erie, PA, USA

Feb 202012

Stratus

Upper control arm pulling away at ball joint both sides of car could cause loss of control if completly breaks.

- Sylvania, OH, USA