CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.

Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.

Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

2007 Ford Edge accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Edge:

2007 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Oct 262016

Edge

2007 Ford Edge transmission jolts after deceleration and pushing the gas again. This sometimes also is followed by sluggish behavior. Ford just keeps not finding nothing "wrong" even after inspection, replaced parts, and video of the events taking place. There are thousands of reports of similar issues online. Sounds like Ford needs a recall bad on the transmission issues! this event happens all the time. The throttle position sensor has been replaced. Ford says no problems exist.

- Science Hill, KY, USA

Jul 142010

Edge

For the last year or more my car (2007 Ford Edge sel) has been stalling. I brought my vehicle into Ford while it was still under warranty and was told they didn't find anything. It continued to happen on and off so we brought it back to Ford in June 2010 and they could not find anything they hooked it up to the computer and did an update, they thought this would solve it. A week later it started again but this time started stalling while driving. It happened while I was driving down a winding hill, I lost completed control of the car and had no steering, I quickly shifted into neutral and restarted while trying to keep the car on the road. It was very scary as I had my 2 children in the car. The car is currently back at Ford and has been for the last 2 weeks as the vehicle is no longer safe to drive. They say they can't find anything wrong. After searching the internet I found 6 or more case of the same complaint with the Ford Edge 2007 and 2008 but yet Ford doesn't know what is causing this.

- Gaylordsville, CT, USA

Jul 012010

Edge

My husband & I own a 2007 Ford Edge. We are a military family with my husband serving in the usaf. Needless to say we travel very often by car to visit family members all over the country. Since having our first baby 8 months ago on this latest car trip we decided to use our cargo roof rack for the first time. This roof rack is the rack that came on the Ford Edge from the manufacturer. We decided to buy a small 36"X30"X18" cargo bag (cloth) to put a few items in & carry on the roof. Five minutes into the trip on the highway in the hov lane we heard a loud snap noise & the entire roof rack broke off with our cargo bag & went flying off behind us in early am rush hour traffic nearly causing a car accident. No shoulder on the highway my husband and I had to get a police officer to help us block the hov lane so we could get the cargo bag & broken roof rack. The cargo had no more than 60 lbs. Worth inside so we know we didn't exceed any weight limit. I myself @ 130lbs & 5'2" could pick up the cargo bag myself. We drove straight to Ford dealership where we waited three hours to hear that Ford would not replace the roof rack because it was damaged by outside causes. I should mention that my Edge is still covered under the $36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. To make matters worse there isn't a stitch of information in the owners manual as to what the roof rack weight limits are or how cargo should be strapped to it. I will be filing an appeal complaint today & if I have to I will go straight to allan mulally myself. I can't believe that Ford would not stand behind their product especially while under warranty that could have caused a fatal accident. Even more despicably treat a family serving this country who put their trust in the Ford motor vehicle company & their "warranty" commitment so poorly. We had strongly considered being Ford owners for life, especially as our family grew but to have to put up a fight over a roof rack under warranty has changed our minds.

- Las Vegas , NV, USA

Mar 092008

Edge 6-cyl

2007 Edge that was purchased 6 months ago from galpin Ford, no matter if they are repaired, parts were replaced or not, the problems are on-going, the front passenger seat broke, the rollers on the windows are malfunctioning, the front brakes went out and I was unable to stop at a 4 way stop, the brakes had corroded, the brakes were replaced, the rotors were checked as well, the back tail lights will fill up with water once the car is washed or if it rains, those back lights were replaced, the same problems 4 times already, the inseam from the moon roof collapsed while I was driving on the freeway one day it was replaced, now it has some holes coming in the material, if you should look up at it in the sun, the screws on the floor in the back seat area are a safety hazards, the most dangerous is the gear shift pins will lock and it will not allow the gears shifts pins are not releasing properly this is most definitely a malfunction; okay, this is the most frightening to me as well as the brakes, you cannot judge when this is going to occur it will happen at a moments notice, sometimes everyday, sometimes once per day, sometime it will not occur and other times, you are ducking a dodging other cars and hoping and praying that they don't hit you, this is a crime, my life is endangered and I don't know what to do, I have called one of Ford representatives she actually works for Ford and refused to meet with to go over my concerns in reference to my car and she did not give me the time of day, they really could care less, they would much rather I disappear from the face of this earth. She has been maliciously negligent this is wrong.

- Palmdale, CA, USA