- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
- March 23: Ford Focus and Fusion Power Steering Lawsuit Dismissed
- March 18: Ford Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Filed in Louisiana
- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
2008 Ford Edge
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
Worst 2008 Edge Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems21
- transmission problems15NHTSA complaints: 3
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems6
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- electrical problems5
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems2
- cooling system problems2
- drivetrain problems2
- lights problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Edge Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Edge compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Edge overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Edge.