- September 15: Ford Fiesta Door Latch Investigation Underway
- September 12: Ford Recalls Escape Hybrid and Mercury Mariner Hybrid After Engines Stall
- August 22: Ford Recalls Vehicles With Leaking Gas Tanks and Flying Roof Glass
- August 17: Ford Recalls 160,000 Escape and Focus ST Vehicles For Erratic Engines
- August 14: Ford Recalls 83,000 Vehicles Because of One Small C-Clip
2008 Ford Edge
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2008 Ford Edge
Official recall notices have been issued for the 2008 Ford Edge by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. It's important to note that most recalls won't cost you anything to get fixed, so if your car is affected you should call an authorized Ford service shop immediately!
2008 Ford Edge FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY NHTSA Campaign #08V301000
Summary: Ford is recalling 142 MY 2008 Edge and Lincoln mkk all wheel drive vehicles. The fuel tank weld fixture may have been exposed to a contaminant during production which could cause a dimple in the bottom of the fuel tank at a spot weld.
Consequence: This dimple could result in a fuel leak or a fuel drip from the tank. Fuel leakage, in the presence of an ignition source, could result in a fire.
Actions: Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the fuel tank free of charge. The recall began on July 11, 2008. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-437-7332. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #08V301000 »