CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.

Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.

Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

4.0

2007 Ford Edge suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Edge:

2007 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jul 042011

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

There is a loud vibrating or humming noise in the back right. I don't know where it's coming from. Almost sounds like the exhaust is vibrating, but I don't know. It vibrates the most when I go up a hill and sometimes when I'm idling or staying at a constant speed. When I press the accelerator going up a hill it vibrates like crazy. No idea what this is and miraculously the mechanics can never hear it. I hear it every time I drive the car. Such a mystery!!!!!

- , Lynchuburg, VA, USA