2009 Ford Edge brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Edge:

2009 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Sep 032016

Same recall as 2010-2015 models. Brake power booster and brake master cylinder issues.

- North Aurora, IL, USA

Jun 092016

Brakes seem to fail to engage, sometimes they are hard to press and then will go all the way to the floor. Sometimes the engage really hard and cause me to snap forward hard. I talked to Ford and they say there are no current recalls or issues with the braking system. Vehicle moving and also when idling at stop sign I have to put in neutral to prevent the car from moving.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Jan 082008

Not sure what takata inflators means I was I only typing what website asked of me to type on the first line of every page.

- Tickfaw, LA, USA

Jan 132016

"takata recall" have to press all the down for brakes to work. Doesnt do it all the time.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Sep 012014

Edge 6-cyl

The vehicle, suddenly became very hard to stop. The brake pedal felt as though it was stuck and required a huge amount of pressure to slow the vehicle to a complete stop. Fortunately, we were going at a relatively low speed when the problem first occurred. However, we had driven from South Florida to atlanta at highway speed without incident and suddenly the problem was there. Just prior to the hard braking, there was a loud whistling sound inside the vehicle, coming from under or behind the dashboard. It sound a though there was a vacuum leak, but the sound lasted only a short time. Later when I started the vehicle I heard the whistling sound again. I checked under the hood and dash but saw nothing obviously wrong. As the original owner of this vehicle, I was very surprised when the Ford service rep in atlanta told what the problem was. This vehicle, currently has 40,650 miles on it. At the time of the incident the odometer read, 38, 648 miles. It cost me $658 to have the problem corrected. No way this type problem should occur at this mileage. Upon checking further, I found that Ford had issued a customer satisfaction program (csp) 13N02 to address this very problem in model years 2010 through 2013. In speaking to Ford they told me there was nothing that could be done, since my "VIN" was not included in the csp. Ford further stated, if the NHTSA demeaned my problem to the same as the problem as covered in csp 13N02, and if there are enough complaints, then perhaps a new program would be initiated. And at that time I could be reimbursed for the repairs. In an online search I see there are others with this vacuum booster assembly failure. Also in the NHTSA database there are four others with newer vehicles experiencing this same problem. Perhaps Ford should asked to review this problem again.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Mar 312014

Edge 6-cyl

Brake light bulbs burning out resulting in a loss of turn signals and brake lights. The connector is discolored due to high heat (current). Company is covering under warranty but has not issued a technical bulletin.

- Romulus, MI, USA