2.8

2009 Ford Edge seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Edge:

2009 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Edge

Takata recall: I received a recall letter dated July 2016 from Ford informing me that "a ruptured inflator may result in metal fragments striking vehicle occupants causing serious injury or death." I took the car the the Ford dealership in rockwall, Texas and was told they did not have the repair parts and did not know when they would get them. Five months later, I wrote a complaint letter to the CEO of Ford objecting to the risk to my family of driving that defective vehicle. On January 3, 2017, I received a form letter back from Ford customer service that is worthless. I do not believe there is any serious intention to solve this dangerous situation.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Jul 292016

Edge

Takata recall - Ford has yet to fix this problem and will not schedule an appointment nor sent me any information on when a resolution will take place

- Garner, NC, USA

Jul 012016

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Aug 252016

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ontario, CA, USA