8.9

2009 Ford Edge wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Edge:

2009 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jun 092016

Edge

Brakes seem to fail to engage, sometimes they are hard to press and then will go all the way to the floor. Sometimes the engage really hard and cause me to snap forward hard. I talked to Ford and they say there are no current recalls or issues with the braking system. Vehicle moving and also when idling at stop sign I have to put in neutral to prevent the car from moving.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Jan 142010

Edge 6-cyl

I purchased the 2009 Ford Edge sport on August 29, 2009. I first experienced air leakage from my rims in December 2009 and I took the car to tom wood Ford in January 2010. I had the car back to tom wood several times and in October 2010 Ford replaced all 4 wheels with new ones. However I have continued to have the air leakage during cold weather. I had to take the car to a tire shop and realized this is a defect with these wheels. Every 4 to 6 months they have to have the tire removed and the wheel cleaned of the corrosion that develops on the inside of the rim. Ford has refused to fix this problem and it affects all 2009 Ford Edge sports with the 22 inch wheels. This is a safety issue and can cause handling issues. In fact in January 2014 I had to purchase a new tire because the amount of air lost from my indicator going off and me getting to a spot I could add air damaged the tire beyond repair.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA