2010 Ford Edge drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Edge:

2010 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 012010

Edge

I've had the transmission violently engage while riding along at a normal steady pace. One time was on the highway going about 60mph. The peddle was solid but the car decelerated like I took my foot off the gas. About 5 seconds later the tranny slammed into gear and resumed speed. It slammed so hard it felt like we got rear ended. I immediately called the dealership and they said "if it wasn't doing something when I brought it in, they wouldn't be able to find the problem". it also happened on a backroad at 30 mph and also pulling out of a parking spot.

- Lowell, MA, USA

Aug 122010

Edge

2010 Ford Edge stalls at idle in park, stalls when shifting from park to drive, stalls when attempting to accelerate from stop. Seven occurrence within a couple hours. Immediately took it to dealer. It stalled while they were writing-up the service order. Left it overnight. Next day "no trouble found... could not recreate problem." Waiting for response from dealer.

- Shelby Township, MI, USA