2010 Ford Edge engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Edge:

2010 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jan 212012

Edge 6-cyl

On 1/21/12, I pulled into a parking space, with my foot on the brake to put the car into park, the engine made a funny noise and the car surged forward crashing into a Ford mustang. This crash should never have happened since my foot had the brake depressed. When the car came to a halt after hitting the mustang, I had to pull the gear shift out of "park" to back up off the damaged vehicle. After taking my vehicle to randall Ford to be checked out, I was informed that there was nothing wrong with my vehicle. They tried to convince me that my foot was on both pedals. This is virtually impossible to do in my car unless my foot was turned at a 90 degree angle from it's normal position. If my foot had slipped off the brake and hit the gas I would have said that and never taken my vehicle in to be inspected. I know Ford never wants to admit they have a problem with their vehicles but I urge the "powers that be" to go back into their issue history and check out the issues you had with the Ford freespirit surging forward on numerous occasions. I would like for someone to take this issue serious while my car is still under warranty. I cannot afford an $8000. Repair. I would also like to state that if someone had been between my car and the mustang it hit, they could have been severely hurt or killed.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Jun 052011

Edge

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Edge. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the vehicle stalled. Upon restart, the vehicle operated as normal. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and the manufacturer was notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 14,000 and the current mileage was 16,500.

- Pottsville, AR, USA

Aug 202010

Edge

My 2010 Ford Edge also had the idle stall problem. At 4500 miles the problem started. Took my vehicle in and the dealer was able to recreate the stall from computer. There is a recall from the mfg for the idle controller. However, there is a backorder for the part until the end of September. My dealer located a part from another dealer and will be replacing it tomorrow if the part arrives. I also refused to drive the vehicle until problem is resolved. I haven't received any recall notices from Ford Motor Company.

- Valdosta, GA, USA

Mar 282010

Edge

Driving down highway at 65 mph and 2010 Ford Edge completely shut down. I had no warning, all gauges were off, no power, and no hazard lights. Ford has had the car for 10 days trying to fix it. They have put 200 miles on it and brought in a Ford engineer (specialist) to try and locate and fix the problem. They cannot duplicate the problem, cannot figure what caused it and have not replaced nor fixed any parts on the car. They want to release the car back to me to wait and see if and when it happens again. This is completely unacceptable as this car has a known serious safety defect with potential catastrophic consequences.

- Everett, WA, USA