2.1

2010 Ford Edge fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Edge:

2010 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jun 192016

Edge

The car wouldn't start. Seemed to be a fuel issue. Had it towed to the dealer. The service people tell us that the fuel pump has apparently been failing intermittently and overheated - melting the electrical connector. The fuel pump and electrical connector and labor will cost $1,078. It seems to us that this is a dangerous situation and, from what we hear from mechanics, is a known issue with the Ford Edge. However, only the 2014 model year has been recalled for fuel pump issues...

- Owings, MD, USA

Jun 012016

Edge

I received a recall notice in the mail in December 2015. It stated that if my car was not exhibiting symptoms, Ford would notify me by mail when service parts would be available (see photos). It is now June 1, 2016. I decided to call my local Ford dealer to see if I parts were ready--I now have an appointment on Saturday, June 4 at 8am. My concern is that Ford never contacted me to let me know parts are available.

- Merrimack, NH, USA

Nov 282015

Edge

While driving down a main highway with cruise control set at 60 mph, the vehicle suddenly started surging and the rpms were fluctuating then the vehicle accelerated rapidly until speed reached about 72 mph. I had to turn cruise control off for the speed to drop back down.

- Poplar Branch, NC, USA

Oct 252015

Edge

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the fuel tank was leaking and corroded. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Edgewood, MD, USA

Jul 242015

Edge

At about 116,000 miles on my 2010 Ford Edge SE AWD, I started noticing the smell of gas. When I brought the vehicle in to get checked out I learned that my gas tank was leaking. This is a 2010! and what makes me even more furious is that the 2007-2008 Ford Edges have been recalled for this problem but not mine. Estimated cost of repairs are $3,000.

- Queensbury, NY, USA

May 272015

Edge

I have a 2010 Ford Edge. When parked in my garage, I would notice the odor of gasoline. Later, I noticed fuel stains on my slightly slanted driveway under where the Edge was often parked. The local Ford dealership inspected my tank and found that it was severely corroded in several locations, including the seams of the tank. Several calls to various numbers for Ford customer relations only result in many minutes on hold, to be told the same thing - which is that the 2010 is not subject to the 14S22 recall for 2007 and 2008 models. The representative told me to keep my receipts when I have the repairs done and Ford may reimburse me if the recall is expanded. The estimate for the repair and replacement of the corroded tank is $5000. On top of that, there are no tanks available. This gas tank problem is an acknowledged safety issue. Apparently, Ford would rather I drive a vehicle that their dealership affirms is unsafe, than enroll me in the programs available to 2007/08 model year owners who come under the #14S22 recall. Hopefully, the number of complaints on this issue has reached a critical mass to be defined as "a trend." I pray that there are no fires, injuries or worse because of this safety issue.

- Freeport, ME, USA

Jul 012011

Edge 6-cyl

#1) this vehicle was purchased brand new in 2010 and from the beginning when I press on the accelerator pedal the car will sometimes just goes into a dead mode and does nothing for a few seconds. If I try to accelerate and the car doesn't react I sometimes have to mash on the pedal to get the car to go. This has proven to be a very serious problem when I have to merge or turn quickly out of a side street of through an intersection in a quick manner. Its as if the car has a hiccup or some type of delay from pedal to motor? #2) on another note that has to do with dashboard design, when I turn on my turn signals the high beam will sometimes engage because the high beam switch and the turn signal switch are on the same arm and the high beam is designed to be pushed forward instead of the traditional pulled toward you to activate.this pushing motion is consistent with my hand reaching toward the turn signal in a forward motion. This occurrence is sometimes mistaken for aggressive behavior or an annoyance to oncoming traffic.

- Bensalem, PA, USA

Jun 022013

Edge

Power failure while merging onto highway 5 in san diego ca. Engine RPM reduced to idle. After coasting to the side of the road, engine was idling. The engine was turned off and after about 1 minute it was restarted. I next shifted it back into drive and it was working again. Same failure occured on 7/29/2013 with the same results. Corrective action required throttle body asembly on back order.

- San Diego, CA, USA