3.2

2011 Ford Edge accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Dec 162013

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door sensors were malfunctioning and the doors would lock independently. The failure was recurring over a three month period. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 54,467.

- Palm Coast , FL, USA

Oct 012013

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the automatic door system was defective and would read that the door was open when it was closed, and read that the door was closed when it was opened. As a result, the automatic door lock system would not engage. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 36,000. Updated 12/20/ the dealer replaced the door latch. Updated 12/16/13

- Denton , TX, USA

Oct 282013

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door handle inside of the driver's door fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 35,538. Updated 12-30-13

- Oak Creek , WI, USA

Aug 142013

Edge

Driver side door latch is not recognizing that the door is shut. Keeps saying door is ajar when it is clearly closed. As a result, I have to disconnect my battery every time I exit the vehicle to keep my battery from dying since the interior light stays on. When driving, the car door does not lock, the interior light stays on and the warning indicator incessantly beeps. Also, the AWD went out on the vehicle in the middle of heavy traffic, causing me to have to stop in the middle of the road because I obviously couldn't accelerate. This has happened multiple times. I took the vehicle to Ford 3 weeks ago and they stated they couldn't find anything wrong with the car, however, not even a week later, it did it again. I, two days ago, had my car towed to the same Ford dealership, where they are now replacing the throttle body. I have a 14 month old child, and the 4 times this has happened, he has been in the car. I have read online that I am not the only one this has happened to, yet there are no recalls for this make and model. Disappointed and irritated!

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Aug 272013

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that while attempting to lock the doors, the door locks failed to stay lock and unlocked without manual force. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000. Updated 11/12/13 the consumer stated the driver ajar light stayed on constantly. Therefore, the doors would not lock. Also, the interior lights remained on after the vehicle was turned off. Updated 11/19/13

- Williamston , MI, USA

Apr 092013

Edge 6-cyl

2011 Ford Edge, I am the first owner and bought this car new. At approx 2000 miles after the 36K mile warranty expired the drivers door latch switch is messed up. The door will be shutand the system still shows it ajar which causes the interior light to stay on for 5 plus minutes. Even while driving the door closed and no warnings the switch will malfunction at night and cause the interior (white) lights to come on. This is a hazzard at night (safety)!!!! I have contacted the local Ford and they give me the run around and do not want to cover their defect!! there are more than 7 documented cases on here and even my service advisor said that these year and model are notorius for this problem but Ford does not cover! service manager said he has never heard of it (bs). Bottom line.... if you will not cover your product I will not buy your cheap product!! looks like Toyota will get my business from now on since they cover their product !! this is a safety issue especially for night driving and battery life (stranded on road).

- San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 142012

Edge 6-cyl

My door locks on the driver's side of my 2011 Ford Edge limited model are malfunctioning. When you try to unlock the door either with the touch door sensors or the remote, the locks sounds like a machine gun. Also, sometimes the door will not lock. When Ford went in to replace the locking mechanism, they found out my driver's side window is starting to crack from the bottom up, so they have had my car at least a week now waiting on the glass, which is apparently an issue that is occurring on all of these Ford Edge vehicles.

- Manassas Park, VA, USA