7.8

2011 Ford Edge accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jul 032011

Edge 6-cyl

The navigation is probably the most user unfriendly unit we have ever used and have written three times to correct the bad information in it; I.e. takes you to the wrong location. A navigational system that cannot be trusted is worse than not having one at all. There are many problems with this navigation system in addition to the other 'sensor safety goodies on this vehicle. The bliss is a safety hazard; worthless. My sync system keeps blanking out (referred to by everyone as the ¿black screen) or a screen that locks up and will not perform any function whatsoever. When researching this vehicle I found information on this problem as early as 2008. I printed all the information to show the salesman. I handed him 40 pages of information on the ¿black screen and asked if this is still a problem he said no. We purchased the 2011 Ford Edge limited with all the goodies. Now and since the last round we experienced the ¿locked screen again which required another trip to our Ford dealer. By the way we received no paper work on the repair. We have over 15K miles on the vehicle now and have had experienced this problem numerous times. The navigation and the bliss systems are not only worthless but safety hazards. A $42,000 mistake"? shame on Ford for continuing on selling this product and our government for letting them do so - ever wonder why the consumer lost their faith??? Ford - really"

- Cudahy, WI, USA