2011 Ford Edge brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jun 152016

Door ajar lights remains on. Door ajar light comes on when the door is not opened, alarm sounds multiple times per day.

- Enterprise, AL, USA

Jun 022016

I have no control over all things that are controlled through the touch screen: Heat, A/C, audio, bluetooth and sync with other devices, , etc. It's black. I was told to disconnect the battery, let it sit for five minutes, hook it up and it will restart. No luck. Tried it again and let the battery unhooked over night, still nothing. It started about 2 months ago and would be out for a day or so but would finally come back on but not now it has been out for 2 weeks and I've tried this process over and over and nothing. Very frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Appomattox, VA, USA

Dec 012015

Driver door ajar sensor.

- Oakland, OR, USA

Jul 202016

Vehicle cut out while driving in normal traffic conditions, AWD off-wrench warning light came, vehicle was in a limp home condition. Next day attempt, same incident, AWD light and then engine light on = code P2111. Throttle body and motor assembly.

- Belmont, MA, USA

Jul 162016

Car wil gradually slow down leading to a complete stop. Power to the engine seems to decrease and speed slows. Happened 4 times over several weeks. It would happen then an hour later car would be completely fine and drive ok for a few days and then happen again. Happened when the car was driving at 30-50 mph on normal city streets (not highway) we took it to the dealer, where they identified the throttle body as the cause of the issue. Our VIN is not eligible for the replacement program though; which we do not understand - meets the year/make/model and characteristics of issue. Ever since we purchased the car we have also had lingering electrical issues - separate of the throttle body, that no one has been able to identify -- drive door light says open and it's not, taillights randomly flash when car is off and no one is in car, etc. We are thinking this one was just a dud. We also own another Ford Edge 2014 model - no issues. Car is currently being repaired for the throttle body issue. We can provide receipts / info once we pick it up. Called Ford and they said that vehicles identified for the recall were based on date of manufacture and location - they must've missed us.

- Trussville, AL, USA

May 232016

The 'door ajar' signal stays on even when the door is securly shut. This also causes the dome/interior lights to stay on. This also makes it so you can't fully lock up the car. After a certain amount of time this also causes the alarm to go off while the car is unattended. All of these things combined drains the battery, leaving us stranded. With a newborn and a toddler this is a major concern.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Feb 052016

Driving to work about ten miles of highway, my car started running rough and shaking. I was able to coast into a parking lot then my heater stopped working a warning light came on "engine coolant temp" then it died completely in a matter of seconds, I saw some smoke under the hood so I called for help. There was no other warning whatsoever! the mechanic told us that the water pump had gone out and caused the engine to over heat. It shot coolant into the engine and it was totaled. Again there was absolutely no warning at all. No sensors no anything. I maintain my vehicle with regular oil changes etc. And if there had been any warning light I would have taken it to my mechanic immediately.

- Eureka, MO, USA

Nov 232015

While driving 40 mph on a busy road, the car slowed on its own and stopped. I was unable to steer this vehicle. I restarted it four times; it would go for about 100 feet and then slow down to a stop once again. I feel fortunate no one ran into me. I consider this a very dangerous situation. I had the car towed to a Ford dealership (the one I purchased the vehicle from). They kept it for an entire week, seldom calling me to report what was wrong. Today I went to pick it up. Nothing had been done. They indicated they ran a computer check and found nothing wrong. I told my service person I feared driving it and needed to know what was wrong. His reply: "it could be anything. We just can't find it." The other gentleman who worked there told me they were unaware of any recalls with the throttle body (I'd asked repeatedly about this) and told me it was not his job to know about recalls. I fear if I continue driving this vehicle, the problem will continue and I'll be in harm's way.

- Fairview, TX, USA

Jun 102015

A door ajar but no door open. Latch key assembly had to be changed on driver's side front and now at 80,000 miles latch key change needing changed on passenger rear door. What will it take for Ford to recall this issue. Posted so many times here.

- Hobart, IN, USA

May 072015

Car stalled twice. Previous complaint filed but I called after finding recall number 10S14. Claled Ford and they told me not covering my VIN even though situation is the exact same happenings. Your rep told me to file a new complaint becasue he coud not update the one previously submitted; ODI number 10715241. He stated that they would investiage and psossible add my VIN to be covered under this recall.

- Hobart, IN, USA

Sep 122014

Door ajar light stays on, even when the door is shut. Will not allow automatic door locks to latch. This is a danger to children in the back seat. Also, wears out the life of the battery. Interior light stay on for 3 min after driving, this makes it a hazard to see when driving.

- Canton, GA, USA

Jul 142014

Driver's & left back door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Some noise appears when handin out the steering.

- Petaluma, CA, USA

Jul 252014

Edge 6-cyl

I was driving on the highway with my 3 kids and my wife and as I got off the exit I noticed the car wasn't braking, so as I got to the first stop left I decided to turn left and see if I could fix the problem. As I was turning the shearing wheel locked up, brakes didn't brake then the car started to shake. I almost hit on coming traffic at 40 mil per hour. As soon as the car bypassed on coming traffic a had to restart my car and it was fine. As soon as I got home, it happened again. I was about 2ft from hitting my garage door.

- Denver, CO, USA

Jul 302012

Edge 6-cyl

The power steering does not work properly at low speeds. This is identfied in Ford's tsb 10-21-1 steering the vehicle is very difficult. I'm concerned that the ability to properly control the vehicle at low or high speeds may become a problem. This is a major safety concern. By issuing a tsb, I believe Ford is acknowledging that there is a potential safety problem with the power steering system - a major component of vehicle safety. The advancetrac (stability/anti-rollover system) appears to have failed indicated by the warning lights on the dash. Intermittently, the warning light turns on and then off while driving or parked with engine idling. Based on numerous occasions, I believe there is a fault in the stability system. Ford technicians cannot replicate the problem. Many other owners appear to be having the same issue with the Ford Edge and F-150 trucks among other Ford vehicles. The fuel system displays a warning that the fuel inlet requires checking due to a vapor leak. Ford replaced a traditional fuel cap assembly with a capless system which appears to not seal fully or allows debris to keep the system from remaining fully sealed. There appears to be many other owners who experience this same warning light with a malfunction indicator light illuminated that cannot be turned off. If fuel vapor is leaking, there is risk of vehicle fire or explosion.

- Blaine, MN, USA

Oct 042012

Edge 6-cyl

Driving on I-65 in an area with 4-5 lanes of traffic with a speed zone of 65 mph when the vehicle lost power - wrench light warning light came on - had to maneuver the vehicle across 3 lanes of traffic during rush hour to reach the emergency lane. It was sheer luck that I made it to the emergency lane without being hit by another vehicle as I could not speed up the car and the speed was nearing zero mph. The vehicle had to be towed into the dealership where it was diagnosed and eventually repaired under warranty. It took the dealership approximately one week to repair the power train issue. Per my research on various Ford Edge sites, this is a very common occurrence and Ford has failed to recall this issue. Luckily, I was not harmed. However, not everyone will be this fortunate. Ford needs to recall this issue asap.

- Louisville, KY, USA