9.3

2. replace door ajar sensor (1 reports)
2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Jan 292013

Edge SEL 3.2L

Not only is this an annoying problem, it's a safety concern. While driving, the door locks will not engage, so the child safety locks in the backseat are not working, and anyone can just open my door and jump into my car at anytime my vehicle is sitting at a stop. Another safety issue is I cannot lock my car doors when I park it, because it senses that a door is open and will immediately unlock the doors. If I set the alarm, it will set for a minute or so, then unlock again after a short period of time due to the sensor.

IF there is a time that the door sensor is working and I am able to set my alarm, for no apparent reason, the sensor will disengage (and this happens frequently in the middle of the night) the alarm will to sound thinking that the door has just been opened.

Another safety issue is the dome lights staying on until the car moves a certain distance, but in the case of backing up at night, it is almost impossible to see behind you with the dome lights on in your face.

I have had to replace my battery now 3 times since I purchased it on 07/04/2012 due to the continuous draw from the lights staying on after the vehicle is shut off (the computer thinking that the door is still open the interior and some exterior lights stay on for an extended period of time).

- , Red Rock, AZ, USA

Jan 312015

Edge 6

I HAVE BOUGHT A DEATH BED THAT'S WAITING TO HAPPEN ......AND WHEN IT DOES SOMEONE IS GOING TO BE SUED.....I HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS SUV, I WILL NEVER BUY OTHER FORD. AFTER TRYING TO GET IT LOOKED AT AND NOT GETTING RENTAL AND FORD HEADQUARTERS .. MORE OR LESS SAYING THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT TELL MORE PEOPLE COMPLAIN OR DIE..

Update from Mar 23, 2015: I WAS COMING HOME FROM OUT OF TOWN. BEING A SINGLE MOM OF A DAUGHTER THAT'S WEN YOU WOULD HOPE AND PRAY YOUR SUV IS SAFE....WELL GUESS WHAT? IT IS A DEATH BED .. JUST WAITING . MY SON WAS DRIVING HIS CAR BEHIND ME, COULD SMELL MY CAR LIKE SOMETHING WAS BURNING A WIRE BURNING SMELL . CALLED ME AND TOLD ME TO PULL OVER AND GET OUT ..I REMIND YOU I HAVE MY DAUGHTER WITH ME GOING DOWN A DAMN HWY (220) IF YOU HAVE TO KNOW. THREE HRS AWAY FROM HOME AND YELLED AT HER TO GET OUT AND WHEN I OPENED MY DOOR THE SMELL WAS SO BAD I COULD NOT DRIVE HOME.....I WENT THROUGH TWO BATTERIES, SEAT BELT DRIVE SIDE DOES NOT WORK , IT WILL NOT START A LOT LATELY. IF I WAS TO HAVE A RACK AND HAD TO GET OUT THE BACK I COULD NOT OPEN IT, NOR COULD ANYONE FROM THE OUT SIDE . WHEN THE CAR JUST STOPPED DOING ANYTHING. YOU CAN NOT, REPEAT CAN NOT, OPEN THE TRUNK .... I HOPE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO BUST THE WINDOW THAT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL MAKE IT .... AND CALL THE SOB THAT MAKES THEM AND THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING. NOT ENOUGH COMPLAINTS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

- , Wilmington, NC, USA

Sep 192012

Edge SE V6

This is the third time that our battery has died. No apparent reason. The first time was in February, the dealership told us that they could not identify anything wrong with the car, and they thought the battery was defective and replaced it. The second time was in July, same as the first. Now it has happened again with no apparent reason.

- , Frankfurt Am Main, Germany, Germany