7.4

1. replace sensor (18 reports)
  3. replaced left rear door latch (1 reports)
2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 032015

Edge SEL

2011 Ford Edge drivers side door shows ajar! Ford did not want to help and states there is no recall for this known issue.

- , San Antonio, US

Oct 012016

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

Door ajar light staying on making my lights stay on. At first I could open and shut the door (rear drivers side) and get it to shut off. Now it is staying on which is going to cause my battery to drain. This should definitely be a recall as how can I tell if the door is actually shut or not.

- , Rockaway Beach, MO, USA

Jan 012017

Edge SEL V6

Door ajar light comes on and the interior lights come on due to this while driving. Unsure if the door is really closed or of its some sort of sensor. I've heard it's around a $400+ repair cost. Definitely seems like a recall worthy item.

- , Frankfort, KY, USA

Aug 102016

Edge SEL 3.2L

The drivers side door sensor failed causing the interior lights to stay on for an hour or so after the car was turned off causing battery charge issues.

- , DaLLAS, TX, USA

Jan 152017

Edge Limited 3.2L V6

Driver door light ajar comes on even if the door is closed. It keeps the interior lights on for long periods of time and I had to replace a battery already. Thought it was just a sensor.now I found out others are having the same problem... when is a recall going to be set up to get this problem fixed???? Unbelievable how many OTHERS are having this same issue!

- , Sumner, WA, USA

Sep 092015

Edge

Due to the interior light staying on, I've had to change my battery well before it should be. As I see from others, this is an on going issue w/ this model. Ford needs to bite the bullet and recall this at no charge to the buyer. Was told by dealer that it will cost $500 plus labor for this! And because this is an ongoing issue, will likely go out again even after being replaced. Seriously?! So why would I pay $500 + bucks for something that will happen again?! Finally found a mechanic that will rewire it, so the warning and light won't come on at all anymore. So if you want to use interior lights have to turn on manually. Beats paying $500 + for a temporary fix.

- , Dayton, OH, USA

Jun 182014

Edge SEL V6

Can't believe FORD wont recall this. I have read about this problem all over the internet. Nothing like driving around with the interior lights on (especially at night) and with doors that you cannot lock.

The problematic sensor in the door lock mechanism seems to work correctly when the outside temperature gets close to freezing.

Also not sure why FORD wants $400 to replace this $20 part.

Sounds like this item is getting some traction as NHTSA started an investigation in Oct 2016. Yea, it will only be 10 more years before we get some resolution.

- , Lees Summit, MO, US

Sep 302016

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

Had the drivers door sensor first go off in 2014. Got it fixed, at my expense. Was told it was the latch and the sensor. fast forward to 2016.... front passenger door open alarm stays lit. PROBLEM: doors do not lock when sensor is lit while moving. crazy that ford hasn't safety recalled this, as the door lock does not enable.

- , Manteca, CA, USA

Sep 012016

Edge Limited V6

This needs to be recalled and fixed by Ford. For something that isnt covered under extended warranty and a reletively easy fix Ford needs to man up and fix the problem. Lights coming on at night is a HUGE concern.

- , Louisville, KY, USA

May 012013

Edge Limited 3.2L V6

I have called Ford on several occasions about this problem, I feel like they don't care about their customers. I will never in my life buy another Ford product and I tell all my friends and whoever ask about my Edge that "you don't want this vehicle and I let them know about the experience I have had with this vehicle. I refuse to spend the $400.00 it will take to fix this problem. Every time I turn off the vehicle the lights stay on, while I'm driving the door ajar lights stays on the whole time. Now the back left door stays on too.

- , Memphis, TN, USA

Dec 052016

Edge SEL 3.2L

Door ajar light is on along with the dome light. Had the repair done under warranty couple years back and now its happening again. Cold weather seems to be a big part of the problem as the plastic shrinks on the switch inside the door panel, and the plastic door handles and the plastic the plastic the plastic. Keep on making stuff out of plastic and a little cold and you have broken!

- , Manchester, NH, USA

Dec 062016

Edge V6

I feel this issue can be a serious one as the child lock won't work with the door ajar sensor failing, can't stop children from harm at even the fastest of speeds. Also the lights don't go over so the battery is always draining early and lately the driver side door won't even lock, causing an easy target for theft.

- , Lubbock, TX, USA

Aug 122015

Edge

I have had to replace my battery 2x since the lights stay on since it says the door is open, I cannot lock my doors with the auto lock since it says the doors are open, I have had to remove all interior lights to help keep my battery from dying. This is ridiculous that I have read numerous reports of this problem and ford has done nothing.

- , Monrovia, USA

Dec 022016

Edge SE V6?

I want it fixed asap cause it's very annoying especially at night when I get in the car and interior light stays on until I am above 15miles an hr and I can not see people in front of me if they are taking a walk around our community in our apartments. Also I cannot lock my doors because of interior lights stays on and I do not feel safe when my doors are not locked. It cost too much for me to fix am not able to afford to fix it - my mother passed away funeral cost $16,000 - my sister died in her sleep - brother-in law passed away. On top of all this my other sister found out she has breast cancer, she's the one who just lost her husband. We had to do a go fund me acct to help for the funeral cost - help me. The first time it happened westway ford fixed it but it was only a patched up job just enough time until my warranty ran out. I love my car but hate the problems it has.

- , Irving, TX, USA

Jan 072016

Edge Limited V6

Have seen many complaints about this, but to date Ford has not owned up

It had drained the battery once and I had broken the window once (anger issues) couldn't wait any longer for Ford to do the right thing so I bit the $475 bullet and had it fixed.

Will be the last Ford I buy

- , santa clarita, CA, USA

Jul 022016

Edge Limited 3.5L V6

This was an immediate problem when I bought the car used in July of 2016. I also had a brake booster replaced yesterday (fortunately that was a recall item)The body integrity of these Ford products makes me wonder why I switched back from buying only foreign cars. Both vehicles that I own are Ford/Mercury and I have had my problems. Why won't Ford own up to the Ford Edge door latch/door ajar problem and make it a recall item?

- , Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 052016

Edge ES 3.2L V6

The driver side door ajar light comes on, this causes the dome lights to stay on. The bright light inside the cabin effects your night driving.

It is extremely problematic and Ford should do a recall notice on this problem. Please keep me informed, I am retired and cannot afford to repair this stupid problem. I am a Ford Man but this should be taken care of. Please help!

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Nov 012016

Edge

door ajar light on, interior light stayed on and killed battery. I don't think doors would lock.

- , Burnsville, MN, USA

Oct 012016

Edge Limited

The door ajar sensor stays on constantly while driving. This is very dangerous as the doors will not lock and the interior light stays on.

- , Proctorville, OH, USA

Sep 022014

Edge 3.5L V6

Door ajar sensor went out causing my dome light to stay on and my battery to die.

- , Marietta, GA, USA