2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 5 of 24)

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Dome lights stays on because the door ajar. Doors don't lock because of the door ajar. Had it fixed one time and now its doing it a second time.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Feb 252016

Edge

Ford Edge door ajar latch issue indicator light stays on while door is closed dome light remains on inability to lock the vehicle faulty latch https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=8rlmgeehq38

- Dededo, GU, USA

Jun 022016

Edge

The door ajar warning lights come on every single day for all doors. Constantly causing surmountable stress to driver. If unable to get the sensor to turn off, the doors do not lock while driving, which is terribly unsafe for driver and passengers. Also, because the dome light is connected to the door, the lights stay on draining battery. I've also had the door ajar sensor warning come on while driving down the road, when it was previously not on. There are also warnings "check fuel inlet", but there is nothing to check. The only problem is that the sensor has a problem! which then in turn makes the engine light illuminate because it thinks there is a leak in the fuel inlet, or perhaps thinks that the seal isn't closed because Ford decided the cap-less fuel inlet was a good idea. It's not!

- Lake City, MI, USA

May 282016

Edge

Vehicle has begun to show driver door ajar at all times, even when slammed several times. This causes lights in cabin to remain on and drain battery when parked and even causes horn to begin to beep at all times during the day and night. Also causes doors to lock or unlock while driving or while parked and left unattended. Not secure for children to ride in car since locks are not reliable or to leave the car since you may return and vehicle has unlocked. This is very much a safety concern since it is impossible to back up or drive with the cabin lights on.

- Gibsonton, FL, USA

Apr 052016

Edge

The door ajar light remains on, no matter how hard or soft I close the door, I must open and close it 3-7 times before the door ajar light turns off. If it doesn't, it remains on the entire time driving. I am unable to unlock the door with the remote sometimes, making it unsafe when I leave work late. Then unable to lock the door as soon as I get in since the car thinks my door is ajar. Very unsafe! this has been going on for months, mileage is at 73000.

- Owego, NY, USA

May 202016

Edge

The door ajar light remains on with the driver's side door, and now also the rear left door, when the doors are closed causing the interior light to stay on and making the door locks inoperable. The light staying on causes several issues...battery drain and the inability to lock the doors. This happens approximately 90% of the times now. It started around 47,000 miles and continues now at 52,000 miles (with the addition of the rear door doing it also at this point). There are numerous complaints about this on many websites without a permanent fix...even after replacement of parts. Not being able to lock the doors while driving in some areas due to the fact anyone could jump into the car not to mention the doors could be opened by children in the rear of the vehicle.

- Philipsburg, PA, USA

May 022016

Edge

Door ajar light stays on, can't lock door while car is in motion

- Mulvane, KS, USA

Edge

Door latch assembly malfunction is extremely unsafe especially when backing up at night. The front passenger side was repaired by the dealership but now the back door on the driver side is showing ajar therefore the interior lighting is on and making it difficult to see at night. Making things more difficult is that the back up camera has stopped working also.

- Tullahoma, TN, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

Door ajar warning issue-of course warranty is over, Ford is really not trying to satisfy it's customers. I refuse to bring to dealership because they charge unreasonable rates and look for other issues not associated to my reason for bringing in the car. I will try to repair myself or bring to a mom and pop repair shop.

- Medway, MA, USA

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. After entering the vehicle on the front passenger side, the door ajar warning light illuminated. The contact reopened and closed the door, but the light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000. The VIN was not provided.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

May 172016

Edge

I was driving down a freeway ramp towards a stop light and pressed the brakes. The car didn't slow down. I had to step on the brakes completely applying pressure and the car did not come to a complete stop. There was a hissing noise that I heard from below the inside of my car near brakes. My car provide any warning of malfunction.

- Mountain House, CA, USA

May 122015

Edge

Door ajar sensor malfunction. Sensor will not shut off when door is actually closed. This causes the interior lights to remain on while operating vehicle. Also causes a strain on battery when exiting vehicle because lights stay on for a while. This is occurring in the front passenger door.

- Newton, TX, USA

May 072016

Edge

Car has stalled two times, one time was while driving and turning into oncoming traffic. The car was going full speed 55mph, had no issues leading up to it, I slowed down to run and it completely shut down - no power steering, no acceleration it was dead, the engine was off but the car was still on. Obviously this was a horrible time for it to die. I was able to, barely, make the turn without power steering and pull over. I shut the car off, turned it back on and it was fine. The other time it happened was my 16 year old daughter had just started the car, put it in reverse, again the car on but nothing was happening. The issue I have here is judging by the online posts this is happening to a lot of Ford SUV's but because this isn't a recall the service people have to see it actually happening, so it never can get fixed, because it is very intermittent. I am very disappointed in Ford and not issuing a recall, putting lives in danger - I will be selling all of our Ford ( we have 3).

- Stillwater, MN, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

The dash indication light is illuminated at all times even with the door being closed. This is a safety concern because the other doors on the vehicle will not lock while parked and/or in motion. I have driven on the interstate with my doors unlocked and my interior light on because of this sensor. I hope that this can be recalled immediately.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Apr 102016

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that while in park, the door ajar warning light remained illuminated with all doors closed. In addition, the contact was unable to lock the door electronically, as the dome light remained illuminated. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 36,000.

- East Amherst, NY, USA

Apr 272016

Edge

2011 Ford Edge. Passenger door started saying door ajar error. Have tried all the quick fixes none of them have worked. Have slammed and reopened and reclosed. Have tried putting the key in and turning it off and on. Doesn't work. Have ttied spraying the latch with brake cleaner and WD40. It's making my inside light stay on. I have no clue what to do if it won't go off. It's going to kill my battery. It's to the point where I'm afraid to let anyone in on the front passenger side. Bc once it says that it takes forever to get the ligot to go out. Sucks so bad. So aggravating when I can't get the inside lights to go out or the car to lock. This sucks!!! also my digital screen is constantly locking up going black and won't hold my bluetooth connection. I hate this car.. I have been. At this point driving our 2000 Nissan frontier. I paid extra for the warranty but the deductible is 500. Don't have it right now.

- Slocomb, AL, USA

Apr 102016

Edge

Have a "driver door ajar" warning light on 90% of the time when the door is fully closed. Interior lights remain on and do not go off unless engine is started. This is apparently a very common problem with Ford Edge vehicles, yet Ford does not seem to want to recall. Why? this is not a cheap or easy fix for the consumer.

- Martinez, CA, USA

May 082016

Edge

Door ajar warning. There's a common issue with many Ford where there's an issue in the door latch assembly that triggers the door ajar warning light and leaves the dome lights on. This is a safety issue if one is trying to reclose the (already closed) door while the car is moving and the dome light remaining on affects night vision. This happens after car is started and remains all the time the car is turns on - in motion or not

- Red Bluff, CA, USA

Mar 142016

Edge

Driver's side door latch sensor indicates door ajar continually when it is not ajar. This results in interior lights remaining on for a while when driving the vehicle unless message is acknowledged on drivers panel. Doors remain unlocked. Lights remain on when exiting and leaving the vehicle. This problem first occurred under warranty in 2012 and door latch was replaced. Now it has occurred again and will need to be addressed. It is a significant nuisance and potential safety issue, especially at night. The number of identical complaints in this database clearly indicates to me that a systemic problem exists and should be addressed by the manufacturer.

- Salem, VA, USA

Apr 012014

Edge

My driver door keeps ajar when I fully closed it. I have slam many times.the alarm system goes off later very often.

- Queens, NY, USA