2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 5 of 25)

Jun 062016

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the front driver's side door ajar warning light illuminated whether the door was closed hard or softly. While traveling 10 mph, the contact stated that the automatic locking feature failed. The contact also stated that the warning light illuminated, causing the battery to deplete. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Gwinn, MI, USA

Jun 242016

Edge

Door light comes on, , door ajar, ,,(and),,door locks unlock when in motion, ,, I really can not understand why

- Winchester Tn, TN, USA

Jun 152016

Edge

Driver side and driver side passenger door stating it is ajar. Waiting for the passenger side to break. This has happened after the warranty was up.

- Sandy Springs, GA, USA

Jun 012015

Edge

After closing my car door it still says that the door is open and the lights stay on, even though the door is closed. I also can not lock my car door and I have to close or slam it repeatedly before it finally says it's closed and the lights go out. This has sometimes taken up to 20 minutes. Got it fixed once and it started doing this again within 6 months. It is very frustrating and being that the door won't lock even when driving there should be a recall on this. This is ridiculous!!!

- Waxhaw, NC, USA

Jun 252016

Edge

My 2011 Ford Edge my touch screen was working fine on 6/25/2016 and about noon that day I went to go to the store and my screen was completely out! it is the mother board of the electric system., temp control, radio, seat heaters, radio and so much more. The radio comes on but no screen its been over 48hrs and nothing! I called Ford dealership and they said "yes its the computer and my warranty for this is no longer good. How can Ford do this to their customers! all the controls are on this electric board! I love my car but im so unhappy with Ford service!

- Spring, TX, USA

Oct 012015

Edge

1. door ajar light comes on periodically at any time and doors wont lock 2. sync systems turns on and off while parked. Outer lights turn on and off while parked as well and not at the same time as the sync system. The key is not in the car when this happens.

- Lindley, NY, USA

Jun 232016

Edge 6-cyl

Driver door ajar light stays on when clearing door is shut. Slamming door or gently shutting it like a formal door does not fix it. Some lights stay on and will drain battery. Has left me stranded twice. Driver door ajar light will eventually go away when I sit in passenger seat and open and close door until light goes away. Then I exit the car and lock it with remote to ensure light is off. Ford plz do something about this thank you. Miles on car 90K.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Apr 022016

Edge

After shifting into park, a warning flashes on the screen to shift into park. Repeated attempts finally will allow the shift to shut down

- Benton Harbor, MI, USA

Jun 012011

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. Once the contact entered the vehicle on the driver's side, the door ajar warning light illuminated and would not dim. The contact stated that the door sensor was replaced twice by the dealer, but the failure recurred several times since. The failure occurred when the vehicle was in motion and while parked. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Cookeville, TN, USA

Jun 202016

Edge

After using the passenger door, the door ajar light comes on even though the door is clearly closed. The door needs to be opened and closed for the light to turn off. When you turn the car off and the door ajar light is on, the dome light will stay on and drain the battery and the door does not lock.

- Biddeford, ME, USA

Apr 282016

Edge

On my 2011 Ford Edge, the driver's door ajar light stays on, even when the door is shut. This is causing my interior lights to stay while operating the vehicle or when I exit the vehicle, unnecessarily draining the battery. Additionally, this is a major safety issue as I am unable to lock the doors from my driver control panel (for example, if one of my children happens to open their lock, I cannot lock it again electronically). If I happen to not notice that they have opened their door, they could accidentally open it and fall out. Or, say I run up on a bad situation, I am unable to lock the doors automatically in a quick instance. Ford, please do the right thing and recall this item for a fix. Thanks

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 012015

Edge

The door ajar sensor keeps alerting - although door is not ajar - when car sits for any period of time this drains the battery. Have had to replace battery twice. Too expensive to have dealer repair.

- Gonzales, TX, USA

Jun 072016

Edge

The passenger door sensor does not work and is causing the battery to drain. I have been stranded twice. The doors will not lock when the car is in motion. I am afraid when driving my car.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 142016

Edge

The rear door sensor has failed causing the car to think that the rear door is not closed. The driver has no way of knowing for sure if the door is truly open or closed making it a safety issue.

- Duvall, WA, USA

May 232016

Edge

Driver door ajar light came on when door was closed securely.

- Vernon Hills, IL, USA

Jun 082016

Edge

Rear door ajar warning comes on intermittent. It will not doors during driving. Dome lights stay on after car is turned off and drains battery.

- Wooster, OH, USA

May 012016

Edge

This is the ubiquitous ┐door ajar┐ alarm issue that Ford refuses to acknowledge. The door ajar light along with its associated warning chime and interior lights will turn on randomly. Sometimes I have to open and shut the door for several minutes to get the lights off so the battery will not run down and leave me stranded. On several occasions I have had to open and shut the door while driving in order to get this alarm to go off. There are youtube videos with thousands of hits on this issue as well as hundreds of online complaints; yet Ford will not voluntarily recall and fix this issue.

- Albany, NY, USA

May 012016

Edge

The "door ajar" alert and the interior cabin lights stay on even though the door is firmly closed. This happens when the car is stationary and moving. This is a danger at night as the interior lights make it difficult to see. The doors also do not lock due to this issue. I would also imagine the battery will wear down as a result of the lights staying on.

- Madera, CA, USA

Apr 012016

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Dome lights stays on because the door ajar. Doors don't lock because of the door ajar. Had it fixed one time and now its doing it a second time.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Feb 252016

Edge

Ford Edge door ajar latch issue indicator light stays on while door is closed dome light remains on inability to lock the vehicle faulty latch https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=8rlmgeehq38

- Dededo, GU, USA