2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 7 of 24)

Mar 012016

Edge

Door ajar sensor stays on.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Mar 252016

Edge

The driver side rear door ajar light is on and no matter how many times I close the door it will stay on. It will stay on when I'm driving and stationary.

- Copiague, NY, USA

Feb 012016

Edge

When I go to shut my drivers side door it tells me that's it's not shut when it definitely is. This causes my interior and exterior lights to remain on. It takes multiple times of opening and closing the door for it to finally register that the door is indeed shut. It didn't start until a few months after owning the vehicle. When it first started it happened maybe once a month but recently it's been every time I get into the vehicle.

- Brooklyn, WI, USA

Mar 172016

Edge

Door sensor fails to register that the door is closed. Won't allow doors to lock while operating the vehicle. Sensor will randomly fail, causing the interior and exterior lights to come on, sometimes draining the battery. This is a huge problem, and there are thousands of online complaints about this. Ford is unwilling to cover repair costs and will not warranty their work if you have them repair it.

- Monson, MA, USA

May 012013

Edge

Door ajar light comes on with all doors closed. The drivers door is the one affected. This turns on the dome light which can cause the battery to drain leaving a person stranded. Also, it causes the brake and parking lights to come on with no one in the vehicle. The door ajar light also prevents the doors from locking with the key in the ignition. The door ajar light comes on whether the car is turned on or not. The dealer said that they have to replace the drivers door latch. I had Ford repair this problem in the past. I have it in the Ford dealer again today for the same repair. I've uploaded the receipt from first repair. My car is still being worked on at Ford dealership and I don't have the receipt yet for the second repair. I think this should be a recall on this vehicle.

- Burleson, TX, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

Driver door sensor shows door open and it is closed. Light stays on and doors will not lock.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

Takata recall. The driver door ajar light stays on at all times. Will not go off no matter how many times you shut the door, the dome light stays on, runds the battery dead. I have tried every thing including wd 40. I believe it is the sensor but I am not a mechanic so.... I have googled this issue and it seems that everyone that owns a Ford Edge has this issue. I can not believe there is not a recall on this issue.my driver door has at times not latched completely. I believe this is a safety issue as I am driving on the freeway and have small children. Ford needs to get their act together and recall this issue for every one that owns a Ford Edge. I have bought Ford for years. This will be my last. This issue is everytime you enter the vehicle. Stationary, driving, freeway, highway, turning. This has been going on for months now. Has been a continuing problem for several months.

- Caldwell, ID, USA

Feb 222016

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated when entering the vehicle, the door ajar warning light illuminated. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was restarted and resumed to normal function. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,800.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Feb 262016

Edge

Have started to receive "door ajar warning" indication when the driver door is closed. Have researched on-line sites and found it to be a very common problem with this model Ford vehicle. I consider this to be a personal safety issue as the vehicle's doors will remain unlocked until the problem is addressed. If I get the warning to go away when the vehicle is stationary the doors will lock and I can begin my drive. On numerous occasions as I am driving the warning will return and the doors will unlock automatically. This can be very unnerving and frightening at times as the interior lights will come on as part of this problem. When this happens at night the driver's vision is compromised by the interior lights and drawn away from the road. In addition, the safety of the vehicle's occupants is compromised as the doors remain unlocked. This problem needs to be addressed by Ford and a recall issued. I have inquired with my local dealer and received an estimate of $600 for the repair to be made.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Dec 102015

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. While operating the vehicle, the door ajar light illuminated although the doors were secured. When the failure occurred, the dome light inside the vehicle remained illuminated while driving. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Feb 172016

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the interior lights would not respond when the vehicle was off and remained illuminated. The door ajar indicator illuminated even though all doors were closed. The contact stated that the lights were able to be switched off after several attempts. In addition, the vehicle experienced a complete loss of power. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 50,000. Updated 04/20/16

- Lincoln, AL, USA

Nov 102013

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. While the vehicle was parked, the driver side door was closed and the door ajar warning light illuminated. The interior lighting remained illuminated when driving, which drained the battery. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it could not be evaluated. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 50,000. The VIN was not available.

- Lincoln, AL, USA

Feb 222016

Edge

Door ajar light is on and dome lights stay on. Car wont start at times.

- Chincoteague, VA, USA

Jan 152016

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. When the ignition was turned to the on position, the passenger door ajar warning indicator illuminated. The contact had to exit the vehicle and slam the front passenger side door in order for the warning indicator to turn off. While driving at various speeds, the passenger door ajar warning indicator illuminated and all the interior lights illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 76,500.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Feb 152016

Edge

Driver door ajar light stays on even when the door is clearly closed. The car will not stay locked; I press the door lock and the doors lock and then immediately unlock so I cannot have my car doors locked while I am driving. This is a constant problem; it is not intermittent. I am very disappointed in this car. I have had to have the throttle body replaced at a cost of $500, I have had a brake booster failure which had to be fixed, and now this problem which I read is a costly fix. This is my first Ford vehicle; what is the problem?

- Sylvania, OH, USA

Feb 032016

Edge

Drivers door latch switch. Cannot lock doors or dome light always stays on.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Jul 012014

Edge

Driver side door ajar light has been on since I purchased with 20K mileage used. Lights stay on for 5 minutes, and will not allow me to lock doors in bad neighborhoods. I have replaced 2 batterys already, and now have 45K on odometer.

- Sewell, NJ, USA

Feb 042016

Edge

This is the second time the drivers door latch has failed. When it fails you can't always lock doors and light will stay illuminated on the dash. This also causes the electrical system to stay active even when the vehicle is off causing the battery to be drained. This recently killed our battery. It appears as if Ford has no fix for this as many have seen this failure to recur every 35K or so, guess it depends on how often you open/close the door to wear out the switch. Poor design.

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Jun 152015

Edge

Car does not recognize when driver door is closed, even when closed it thinks the door is open.

- Boulder City, NV, USA

Jan 162016

Edge

The engine died, as I was driving the car down the interstate. The steering wheel locked as I tried to exit and my car drifted into oncoming traffic. Fortunately there was no accident but when I was finally able to get the car to the side of the road it was severely smoking and I had to get myself and my daughter out of the car immediately. Also, the head gaskets and radiator blew and now there is a major electrical problem with the car the service department could not diagnose after 5 hours of investigating.

- Wendell, NC, USA