3.2

2011 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Nov 252016

Edge

My passenger door indicates that when closed that it is not. The dome light stays on and so does the dash indicator. It has also done it while driving down the road. Creepy, since I'm disabled and have hands controls to drive. So I have to pull over and reclose the door. Plus once the lights come on I can't see while driving at night.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 102016

Edge

Door ajar light stays on. Not sure if door is opened or closed driver side.. worried that the door will open while driving. Battery has died in the car already because the interior lights stay on.

- North Brunswick, NJ, USA

Dec 152016

Edge

When the drivers door is shut the door ajar warning stays on and the interior light stays on.

- Hazlet, NJ, USA

Dec 122016

Edge

Driver door is latched but dome light remains on. Door ajar warning light stays on. Will not shut off, have to shut door multiple times until door ajar light and dome lights turn off. Turns on randomly even while in driving gear. Light will even stay on when vehicle is off. Which if not caught might drain the battery. This has happened multiple times in a day. To every day. Even at night time which caused it hard to drive.

- Lorain, OH, USA

Jun 042014

Edge

Door ajar will not turn off for drivers door. Problem is intermittent, however more constant when it is hot out side. This causes the dome light to remian on. You can open and close the door several time and sometimes the warning will stop. Makes driving difficult when it is dark out because of the dome light being on.

- Colbert, WA, USA

Dec 072016

Edge

The door ajar warning lights stays on. This results in the dome light staying on while driving for a short period of time or after the car is off. Drained the battery once. Also, the door can not be locked. On a much more serious note, the dome light suddenly come on while I'm driving on the highway. This creates a very dangerous situation because I'm unable to see cars around me very well. I went to the Ford dealership in Feb, 2015 and fixed it once. However, this happens again recently. I really think Ford should address this issue!

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Dec 062016

Edge

I bought this car 2015 in the late winter. From the time I bought it the drivers door sensor would say its ajar. According to the dealer it would be about $1000 to fix. Tonight my auto door unlock doesn't work and neither does the key unlock the door. I'm stranded 30 miles from home. This is totally unacceptable. I will be letting anyone who asks to be extremely cautious about any Ford products.

- Mendota Heights, MN, USA

Nov 292016

Edge

The door ajar light stays on when all doors are closed and the interior lights stay on. Also I was not able to open the car with the security code from the outside the car I had to use the key. I was park when I first notice the passcode was not working then I used the key I closed all the doors and still said one door was open, so I make sure all were close. I realize there was something wrong so I just drove the car like that. Also I just bought the car so I don't know if that has happened before.

- Oklahoma, OK, USA

Nov 232016

Edge

My problem is with a 2011 Ford Edge. The door ajar light stays on all the time. The dome lights inside the vehicle will not go out and is hazardous when driving at night. The dome lights stay on while driving. I had to replace my battery and now I am afraid my new battery will run down and leave me stranded away from home.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Nov 242016

Edge

Door ajar warning light on dash after closing doors repeatedly. Dome lights remain on and drain battery lfe.

- Rochester, PA, USA

Nov 012016

Edge

"door ajar" light remains on the passenger side door. This causes car doors to stay unlocked, dome lights to stay on, draining my battery, unable to use the auto car start. Dangerous for my small children who can now open the door while I am driving

- Valley Springs, SD, USA

Nov 172016

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed interior light stay on when door is closed inability to lock doors faulty latch

- Riverton, IL, USA

Aug 152016

Edge

The 2 front door switches work sometimes. When parked the car thinks the doors are open and keeps the lights on. Sometimes for no reason the interior lights turn on and it drains the battery. Plus when the switches are not working the car does not think that it is locked and will beep twice when locking the car. When the switches have failed the doors will not lock when driving. I have been stranded because the lights will just come on when in a store and the battery will drain down to where the car will not start.

- Prattville, AL, USA

Jan 022015

Edge

Door ajar lights for both driver and passenger side doors stay on even though they are closed. Result is that the dome lights stay on and unable to lock the doors while driving even though they are closed. Has caused a drain on the battery, dealer wants a large sum of money to replace the latch even though it's clearly a sensor only.

- Carmel, IN, USA

Sep 012016

Edge

Door ajar warning always on resulting in doors not locking when car is in motion, dome lighting staying on when exiting the car and not being aware if car door is shut.

- North Olmsted, OH, USA

Oct 292016

Edge

The latch door ajar sensor is not working properly and cannot recognize when the door is closed. This results in me being unable to lock my door and it leaves the dome lights on until it times out.

- Humble, TX, USA

Oct 252016

Edge

Done lights will not go off. Driver side back door shoes to be open when it is closed.

- Onalaska, TX, USA

Oct 082016

Edge 6-cyl

My driver side door indicator came on and at first it would take me a few times shutting the door for it come off. Now its to the point where it does not turn off and keeps the interior lights on until I drive forward a bit, then turn off. That's not good at night for sure. Now when my car is locked the panic alarm goes off all times of the day and night. I was driving down my driveway (thank goodness) one night and the lights turned on and the car started dinging for the door. Why is this something that is not recalled"?" it is dangerous for the light to stay on at night and especially if my door really isn't latched. I don't see why I should have to pay something out of pocket that I didn't break or have control over breaking. Please help fix this........

- Waterloo, NY, USA

Nov 122015

Edge 6-cyl

The driver side front door sensor is bad, which keeps the door ajar light on at all times, and keeps the overhead lights on for an extended period of time, which drains the battery and is also dangerous when driving at night. Had the dealer "fix" the issue by doing a cleaning/cycling on the electrical part of the latch, but it only lasted a few months and now the problem is back. Ford does not seem willing to address the issue as a safety concern - unsafe to drive with overhead lights on, and it drains the battery, which has caused other issues for me, including having to replace the battery well ahead of its intended useful life.

- Hinckley, OH, USA

Oct 172016

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar warning message on while driving or parked. Causes interior lights to stay on 10 minutes before turning off when parked. Interior lights will turn on and alarm horn will sound intermittently when parked. I pulled the fuse for the horn relay, don't know when it will sound. I feel it's unsafe to drive without a horn. While driving doors do not lock in fact they unlock after locking them with lock switch.

- Woodbury, MN, USA