8.2

2016 Ford Edge engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Edge:

2016 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Aug 032016

Edge

The contact owns a 2016 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced unintended acceleration at lower speeds. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 172. The VIN was not provided.

- Pine Mountain Club, CA, USA

Jul 272016

Edge

The vehicle was in motion in moderate traffic going approximately 45mph when the engine unexpectedly shutoff and the accelerator became non-responsive. Was able to carefully coast the vehicle to the shoulder, put in park, and restart the vehicle. Extremely concerned that this happened as I'm traveling out of state with my family on vacation. We purchased this vehicle brand new within the last 60 days and it has less than 2,000 miles on it. We thought we were getting rid of a lemon vehicle when we traded in for this, but although our last vehicle had a lot of issues it wasn't nearly as concerning or dangerous as this 1 issue with the Ford Edge. There should be an immediate nationwide recall.

- Newark, OH, USA

Jun 022016

Edge

I was driving a rental Ford Edge and slowed down for a traffic signal. Without warning, the accelerator would not work and SUV was moving at < 10 miles/hr without any acceleration. On contacting the roadside assistance from rental company, I was told that this can happen with this vehicle at 10-12,000 mile mark. I was told to turn off the ignition and turn off after few seconds and it should work. On doing so, I was able to drive for few blocks but the vehicle stalled again. There was no warning on SUV's screen. I was also told by the tow truck operator that he has towed few vehicles with similar issues.

- Scarsdale, NY, USA