4.0

1. repair leaking lines, top off transmission fluid (1 reports)
1996 Ford F-150 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford F-150:

1996 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 162016

F-150 XLT V8

I noticed fluid leaking from under the from end. I located a leaky transmission cooler line from underneath the radiator/fan area. I was able to cut the leaky portion out of the line using a simple pipe cutter, replaced it with a length of 9 millimeter 3/8" rubber transmission cooler hose and fastened with a pair of hose clamps on each end. Topped off fluid after. Took me about an hour or so and 65 bucks. I'm glad I noticed it when I did, as the fluid could've leaked completely and ruined the transmission.

- , Wellfleet, MA, USA