- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
1996 Ford F-150
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1996 F-150 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 41
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 52
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 58
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 54
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 32
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 26
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 23
- steering problemsNHTSA: 20
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 16
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 14
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 7
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 1996 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.