1. replaced broken torsion bar (1 reports)
1998 Ford F-150 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford F-150:

1998 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Apr 172003

F-150 Flareside

Torsion bar broke while sitting in driveway. Service manager said they were defective and breaking in cold weather, I live in Micigan. There are over 50+ reports of the bars breaking, there should have been a recall or some notification. I am glad it didnt break going down the highway. The service manager was suppose to have the customer representative contact me and it never happened. Between my friends and my family Fords lost at least 6 vehicles because I wont buy another. Jack Demmer in Wayne, Mi. dont care, and I have buying cars from him since 1978. I reported it to the NHSTA , BBB, and cant get anywhere with it so it is customer pays and that is all they care about.

- , Westland, MI, USA