1. manufacturer defect recall to correct problem (2 reports)
1999 Ford F-150 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford F-150:

1999 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Apr 232007

F-150 V6

As others have reported, these trucks have a frequent leaking windshield, which causes electrical shorts. It starts with something like the odometer, which you might just ignore if you don't really care, but this can eventually cause battery drain due to things like the radio not turning off or even ignition failure altogether. This is a huge pain in the ass. C'mon Ford, can we not drive these trucks in places where it rains?

Update from Jan 24, 2012: Yeah, this eventually resulted in my truck dying just past the end of an on-ramp to an uphill highway on a rainy night and it getting rear-ended and totalled. I was on the phone with AAA in front of the truck and nearly got killed. I wouldn't own another one of these after that experience.

- , Portland, OR, USA

Jan 312007

F-150 Lariat V8 5.4

I have learned from a Ford maintenance person and many other Ford owners, that 1999 Ford F-150s, have leaky front windshields that cause shorts in the odometer and other electrical components (radio, etc.) The odometer still records miles (It is hard to convince a potential buyer of this fact). Ford will gladly repair their "manufacturer defect" for 600-1200 dollars. Why should the consumer pay for this repair!! This warrants a RECALL. If not we need to get all F-150 owners that have this problem and file a class action lawsuit!! I wonder if this leak has any affect on my airbags... How do I know if haven't been shorted out. What if the airbags don't deploy in an accident... Are there any F-150 accidents were the airbags didn't deploy?? I smell a bigger lawsuit here.... Looking for others in this same mess... In a perfect world, Ford would do the right thing and fix their defect... When I asked Ford to do the right thing... They told me to pack sand...

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA