2. replace all brake lines (1 reports)
1999 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford F-150:

1999 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

May 012013

F-150 XLT 4.6L

1999 Ford F150 brake failure do to brake lines rusted through.

Sitting at a drive up window and lost brakes, through it into park to avoid hitting another vehicle.

Second time a year later, pulling trailer and lost brakes, had to shove emergency brake to avoid crashing. Going to have to replace brake lines from front to back

- , Camby, IN, USA

Mar 292012

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

I have a very bad problem with a rusted under carriage,I received a callback from ford for rusted gas tank straps but the rust problem is much worse than the gas straps my brake lines rusted to the point where I lost my brakes,thank god I was not in a situation where it caused an accident,I have never had a vehicle where brake lines rotted I keep my truck washed and clean and the winter here isn't real bad to have brake lines rust even if it was bad there is no way any vehicle should have this kind of problem,Ford should address this problem I know of at least one other ford truck that this happened to.

- , Toms River, NJ, USA