2.6

2003 Ford F-150 exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford F-150:

2003 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

May 092008

F-150

While driving home from work my wife had a spark plug blow out of the engine, fortunately the 2003 Ford F150 supercrew pickup truck didn't catch on fire, I drove the vehicle another 15 miles to the mechanic not knowing what is wrong, I thought the it was just a bad exhaust leak but I found out the next morning the grim news that in fact the spark plug was the problem, I was told the repair would run between $700 to $2,000, shocked by the cost of repair and the problem of which I have never heard of I went online to check it out. To my surprise I found this is a major problem with the Ford Triton engines, so I thought Ford would do the right thing I called Ford and explained my problem, only to be told that it was my problem and Ford wouldn't do anything for me. I know I'm not the only person that has had this problem, in fact if you do any research online you will see that hundreds and perhaps thousands of people have had this problem, I would hope that maybe you can help me and the other people that have had this problem, thanks in advance tim walsh

- Alvin, IL, USA

Apr 112008

F-150 6-cyl

2003 F150 4,2 engine, upper and lower intake manifold gaskets failure, started leaking at 75,200 miles.

- Laporte, TX, USA

Jan 012003

F-150 6-cyl

Excessive exhaust noise when warming up and cooling down such as loud popping noise.

- Sunrise, FL, USA