7.0

1. replace steering column (2 reports)
2003 Ford F-150 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford F-150:

2003 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Nov 112016

F-150 5.4L

This problem occurred the first time in 2010 and cost me $404.00. again in 2014 and cost me $645.00, and recently for the third time it happened on November 22, 2016. While I have been lucky and had no crashes, had it occurred on the highway doing the speed limit we could have been killed or injured others. I called Ford headquarters back in 2014 and was assured they would get back to me about the problem, however, it never happened.

This time I called again and was given a case number of 11115759, but have yet not had any satisfaction. The truck will need to be towed at least 50 miles from my home to get to a Ford dealer.

I recently learned there was a recall concerning this particular problem back in 2003, but I have never been notified and have paid for the repairs out of pocket...not this time. I have long been a Ford man, but am reconsidering after the total lack of care and concern shown to me by Ford. If I do not receive any satisfaction over this problem my next step will be to contact the State Attorney General and the Highway Safety Commission.

Joe

- , Thornfield, MO, USA

Mar 312016

F-150 XLT 5.4L

My Ford F150 truck steering column was broken. I took my truck to a repair shop to have it repaired. The shop had two other Ford trucks there for the same problem at the same time and when I picked up my truck they had another Ford truck with the same problem. This was just one non Ford auto repair shop. My truck has 150,000 miles. My repair was $660 for a used steering column. If this is a chronic problem with Ford trucks I do not think I will buy another Ford truck. I think Ford knows they have a problem with their steering column.

- , Renton, WA, USA