8.0

2003 Ford F-150 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford F-150:

2003 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 012008

F-150 PU V-6

This is the worst new vehicle I have ever purchase. I considered myself a Ford person but not any longer. I have had 4 sets of rotors, each turned at least twice with the same number of brake pads. The 4 wheel drive stopped working although the dash light said it was on. The service guy says whats the problem the dash light is on saying you are in 4 wheel drive? I told him to try and go up the wet grassy knoll beside the service area. Of course it would only spin the rear wheels. This took 3 trips to sort out. I have already gone through 2 sets of universals and one set of ball joints. Now the transmission is downshifting from over drive to third very hard. My check engine light is on. I treat this vehicle like my car and have had it serviced only by FORD. No wonder TOYOTA is now considered one of the big 3. Watch out FORD, KIA and HYUNDAI have your number. I will never buy another FORD.

- , Goshen, VT, USA