9.0

$2,000.00

2. replace plugs (1 reports)
2004 Ford F-150 engine problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Nov 102011

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

Started out as minor jerk increased each week replaced the coils ran like a champ for two days. Now shows #1 #4 #8 mis-firing now will not pull a load at all found out about the plugs before I made the mistake of changing them myself I have been told they have a replacement one piece plug they can use ( don't know this for a fact} I do know I should be able to replace them myself but instead I will have to pay ford motor to replace them $700 - $900 This should be fords cost to correct on a recall

- , Mount Carmel, IL, USA

Dec 012011

F-150 FX4 5.4L Trition V8

We brought a 2004 f150 fx v8 from a dealer in nov 2010 and a year later we have nothing but problems. First the next day we went back to the dealer shop the truck sounded like a diesel and it turn out the be the idel pulley- so that got fix under warrenty. So we got the oil change the same month we bought the truck and the lube place said it look like it has never been change and all the fluild need change to. So i called the dealership and they said they service the truck before we got it. ( Ya RIGHT). So next oil change we change all the fluids. Couple of month later now the engine light is on so far we have a new battery, light on again new alternator, light came back on got a tune up which we were told at garage that we had two spark plugs that were not even the right plug for this truck. (I guess if you service the vehicle you may of seen that) but anyway light back on said it could be a cam senors but no it was cam chain tensienor, got truck back one day later and guess what engine light is back on. Hey Ford Do you think there maybe something wrong with Your engines.

New Battery-90.00

Alternator-300.00

Update from Mar 6, 2012: new tune-up 400.00

now the engine is still running rough so now it's the timing chain tensionor- 1100.00

after that a day later the engine light came back on now it's the catalyic converter, UGH, it never ends.

- , Adamstown, PA, USA