2004 Ford F-150 engine problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 082012

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

Truck was running perfectly fine when parked for a winter. Got it out later in the fall of 2012 and when started driving, truck started to shake really bad and "Engine Fail Safe Mode" message came up. Plugged a code reader into it. Was telling me it was either the throttle positioning sensor or the throttle actuator. Replaced the throttle positioning sensor and problem was still there. Next to replace the throttle actuator, need to replace entire throttle body. Once I replaced that, I read that I needed to get my computer re-flashed by a Ford dealer and it should clear the issue. Got that done and as soon as I drove off the lot thinking it was all going to be good. Truck started shaking again and the "Engine Fail Safe Mode" came back on. Have no idea what to do now!! Pretty stressed and not sure what to do.

- , Ravenna, MI, USA