5.8

2. new motor for the rear window (3 reports)
  3. tap lightly on outside of glass and then try the switch (1 reports)
2004 Ford F-150 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 082013

F-150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L

Back power sliding window won't open. At least it broke in the closed position.

Nice little, over-priced, under performing perk on the Lariat.

- , Beltsville, MD, USA

Sep 062010

F-150 XLT 5.4L

The rear electric slider doesn't work all the time... it may work for a few weeks, then nothing for months, it's been stuck open several times where I've had to have my son press the button while I tried to pull it shut to get it to engage. I bought the truck used from the dealer, and it's been this way from day 1.

- , Shingle Springs, CA, USA

Jan 102011

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

THE BACK WINDOW OF THE TRUCK DOESN'T WORK.IT REMAINED CLOSED. AND THE BACK SIDE WINDOW ( PASSENGERS SIDE )IT FELL,AND WILL NOT RISE.

- , Eagle Pass, TX, USA

Oct 202004

F-150 Lariet 5.4L Triton V8

Since I bought the vehicle, the back window has worked maybe 3 times. Like some other comments from others, I'm afraid to use it for fear it will stick while open. So a feature that could and should be a very nice one is actually an inconvenience. The reason I wanted the power back window feature was to be able to run accessory cords back to me topper when camping etc., but instead it was just a waste of money. I even Wd-40ed the rails but that did not even work to loosen the window. This is one of two window problems I'll be reporting which taken together will mean this is my LAST FORD PRODUCT due to their refusing to do justified, needed recalls. I think my $40,000 ford Lariet was engineered/manufactured in China !

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 032010

F-150 FX4 5.4L V8

Numerous times the power slider will not work, it's stuck closed. I found that lightly tapping on the glass from the outside loosens it so the switch will open and close it as it should.

- , Rockport, TX, USA

Jan 312007

F-150 Xlt Lariat V8 5.8L

Completely stopped working, the rear window one sunny california morning. no response from the switch. Another window that's stopped working :(

- , La Mesa, CA, USA

Jan 012006

F-150

Had rear slider window motor replaced under warranty a couple of years ago. Now the cable that operates the window has detached from the motor so the window has to be opened and closed by hand. Warranty has expired so I haven't attempted contacting Ford for help. Just wanted to let others know of issues.

- , Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Sep 012008

F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L

My rear window was working and then stopped without warning. My mechanic checked the wiring and stated that it was not an electrical problem and he fills that the motor that pulls the cables that open and close the window has stopped working. The motor is located under the back seat, but I have not taken the time yet to remove the ENTIRE backseat to find the motor or see what is will cost to replace.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Jul 202006

F-150 Super Crew Fx 4 5,4 V8

I love the truck its fun to drive tons of goods on it and fun to dress it up. but its embarrassing to show off the features and they do not work. plus its a nice air flow when it did work. it has worked 3 times since owning the truck and now afraid it could open and never shut so i don'ttouch it lol or cry. WTF is the dealers problem i also bought the extend package but ford never followed through with that paper work so have to eat bill so i just go without right.

- , Boise, ID, USA

Jun 192008

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8

The electric sliding rear window no longer works. There must be a loose wire somewhere. At first the window would sometimes work and sometimes not work. Now it doesn't work at all! At least it never got stuck open!!

- , Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA