8.2

1. replace window regulator (299 reports)
  3. fixed it myself so I don't have to be ripped off by Ford (24 reports)
  4. replace window regulator with 2006 and newer regulator (16 reports)
  5. replace elevator cable (15 reports)
  6. Ford paid for most of the fix (10 reports)
2004 Ford F-150 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 6 of 31)

Jul 092011

F-150 FX4 5.4L

This is the third time in 6 months that I have had problems with the windows in my truck. The first time it was a broken cable on the drivers side window. We replaced it with parts from a local auto store. The second time it was the regulator in the rear window. The parts had to be purchased from the ford dealership. We replaced it ourselves. Now, the other rear window fell. Come on ford... THIS SHOULD BE RECALLED FOR DEFECTIVE PARTS!

- , Mount Pleasant, PA, USA

Jun 222011

F-150

I would like to say thanks to the American Soldiers that allow me to drive a fine vehicle, but Ford is letting us down having other countries build our parts, bottom line lack of quality. My rear window regulator broke allowing rain to pour in while driving down the road. Yes it sound like IED going off on its way down.

- , Petersburg, VA, USA

Jul 042011

F-150 Lariat V8

This is the second window regulator that has broken. First one was the rear right and has a piece of wood holding it up that was last year. Now as I was driving in a rain and thunder storm the drivers door window dropped with NO warning, I was able to keep my truck from going off the road but just missed several trees because it sounded like someone had shot out my window. I'm pissed and FORD should be taking care of this, or should they wait until someone loses their life from hitting something. Let Ford be notified again so they can recall the massive problem with the window regulators in the 2004/2005 models. I'm really shocked that Ford has ignored this problem and will be passing this info on to everyone I can to let them know how ford feels about the customer and their safety. "Lucky to be here"

- , Medford, ME, USA

Jul 052011

F-150 Lariat 350

I am retired now....but thru out life I have always bought American vehicles (FORD), even my company vehicles have been Fords when I had a choice.....Thought I was buying a top of the line vehicle (LARIAT F-150).....didn't know FORD was lowering their Quality of products

to the point it's a piece of crap.....Window on drivers side fell today, looked on the internet and was surprised with the problems they are having with windows falling....and no recall yet???

- , Ft. Worth, TX, USA

May 232011

F-150 XLT 4.6L V8

Let me add my complaint to the myriad of complaints against Ford. Right side window simply rolled down today as I was driving home from work. Motor worked fine, however I suppose it is a regulator. Took off the door panel only to find loose cabling everywhere that was connected to nothing. Congratulations FORD, you have succeeded at Job #1 which evidently means losing customers. I am going to buy a Nissan or Toyota next time, this mistake is on me.

- , Mooresville, NC, USA

Jun 242011

F-150 4x4 5.4L

This is the passenger back door. Real Pain in the ass since it is raining and we do not have a garage. Finding the part is even harder than the front doors.

- , Inverness, FL, USA

Jun 252011

F-150 4x4 5.4L

This is on the front passenger door. The parts were replaced last year and the window is now loose and sitting crooked in the frame. Gonna cost me $$$$ AGAIN!

- , Inverness, FL, USA

May 172011

F-150

Second time this has happened to this vehicle. Passenger side window fell into door jam, and needs a replacement regulator. New window same problem.

- , Post Falls, ID, USA

Nov 042004

F-150

First window dropping on this truck happened within a few weeks of it being purchased new. Crunch, there goes the driver's side window. Replaced the regulator under warranty.

- , Post Falls, ID, USA

May 152011

F-150

This past Sunday, on the way to church, our 4th window regulator in our truck "went out." This was evident as our back window started slowly falling down into the door. Yes, I said FOURTH, out of FOUR windows in our truck. The back windows rarely ever get used, as we have a 5 yr old who has been in a car seat since birth and sits in the middle of the truck (unable to reach windows). My husband has learned how to put them in himself, and has managed to find them for $140 online. I called the Ford dealership in Ft. Worth, who we bought the last regulator from (for $150 a few yrs ago), and they quoted $190. I told them we found them online w/free shipping for $139. They matched the price.

We weren't aware of how huge a complaint this is, until looking at all the complaints online here. Obviously we have decided we will never buy another Ford, as this is ridiculous.Here is the link and this is for passenger side rear. Just make sure you look up the correct one you need first.

- , Joshua, TX, USA

Nov 012009

F-150 Lariat

FRONT PASSENGER WINDOW FELL BACK INTO DOOR. THE CABLE CAME UNDONE. THIS HAD JUST HAPPENED ABOUT A MONTH OR 2 EARLIER AND WE WERE ABLE TO FIX IT. DID NOT BOTHER THIS TIME, JUST STUCK A 2X4 IN DOOR TO HOLD WINDOW UP.

Jul 012008

F-150 Lariat

DRIVER WINDOW FELL INTO DOOR JUST BEFORE EXTEDED WARRANTY EXPIRED. LUCKILY WAS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY LESS MY DEDUCTIBLE.

Nov 012009

F-150 Lariat

A SHORT TIME AFTER THE DRIVER WINDOW FELL INTO DOOR, PASSENGER FRONT WINDOW FELL INTO DOOR. UNFORTUNATELY THE WARRANTY HAD JUST EXPIRED. WOULD HAVE COSTED ABOUT $400 TO FIX. HUSBAND AND FRIEND TOOK DOOR APART AND FIXED BY REWINDING CABLE.

Feb 242011

F-150 Lariat

WHILE ON VACATION IN CALIFORNIA (TEXAS RESIDENT) THE PASSENGER SIDE REAR WINDOW FELL INTO DOOR. HAD TO USE DUCT TAPE TO TEMP FIX UNTIL GETTING BACK HOME. THEN FIXED WITH 2 X 4. NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS ON PASSENGER SIDE BEING HELD UP WITH 2 X 4. REAL PAIN WITH TEXAS HEAT. REFUSE TO PAY LARGE COST JUST TO HAVE IT HAPPEN AGAIN. NEEDS TO BE RECALLED. THE REAR DRIVER SIDE IS ONLY SIDE NOT FALLEN YET. I AM COUNTING MY BLESSINGS. THE FRONT DRIVER SIDE IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY FROM WHEN IT FELL JUST BEFORE WARRANTY EXPIRED. MY HUSBAND TOLD ME NOT TO BUY A FORD!! SO DID MY KIDS!!!

Mar 082011

F-150 Lariat

well to start with in april my rear driver side window just went down. I plan on calling ford to see what the problem is. this is the 3rd one in less then a year. 3 different windows 2 at about the same time. This is bull crap and i will never by another ford product again. I am now a future foreign car buyer

- , Harrisburg, PA, USA

May 092011

F-150 XLT 4.6L

This is the 2nd window that fell into the door...both rear windows. I could deal with one being bad, stuff happens, but now both....obviously Ford needs to do something about their inferior parts. I am going to replace these myself, but in the mean time, my poor kids have to put up with their windows being in a permanent position. I really don't think that I am going to be purchasing another Ford. This is the fourth item(s) that I have to repair in this vehicle due to a parts failure.

- , Strasburg, PA, USA

Sep 152005

F-150 XLT 4.7L V8

My window regulator has went three times since I have owned my truck, once on the drivers side and twice on the passenger side. The first one just out of warranty, ford charged me 380.00 to fix (what a rip) . Luckily I'm handy so the next two times I replaced it myself. The point is, things happen and I'm a ford fan. I love my truck. You can buy this part for under 100.00. And don't let ford tell you any different. I replaced the part in about 45 min. So, 380.00 come on guys, the country is in bad shape already, do you have to rip us off here to. This is a FORD problem not a customer problem. (FIX IT FORD! PLEASE) petehart

- , Melbourne, FL, USA

Apr 202011

F-150 XLT

I'm very disappointed with the window mechanism of my 2004 ford f150 this part has to be recalled and replaced with good quality. here is my story, in 2009 my rear driver side window system was replaced and fixed by ford, in 2010 the rear passenger side window system while operating I heard a noise then just fell down, I brought them to ford since I cannot afford the parts and labor I just tied them inside. This month my front passenger side window system again I heard a noise while operating then just fell down. now I just park my truck inside the garage.

- , San Gabriel, CA, USA

Nov 012010

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

I have had 3 window regulators go bad and the window just drops down, 300 dollars a piece to get fixed, just waiting for the 4th one to go.

- , Ada, MI, USA

Apr 152011

F-150 XLT

THIS IS NOW THE THIRD WINDOW THAT BREAKSDOWN. IT''S REALLY ANNOYING. FORD SHOULD RECALL THIS WINDOWS REGULATOR ASSEMBLY.

- , San Gabriel, CA, USA