2005 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-150:

2005 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Feb 122015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

I took my truck in for a repair and when they lifted it they found holes in the frame of the truck. I have been informed that it may fail within two years. This truck is around 10 years old and has been parked in a driveway for the first half of its life and up till last year has been garage kept. There is 57,805 miles on it talked to multiple mechanics and none of them can believe that there is any logical reason for such a fast rot out.

- Freeville , NY, USA

Jun 182014

F-150 8-cyl

The vehicle is a 2005 Ford F 150. Shock fell off doing 30 miles mph. Took to my body shop to repair. Said I needed to go to dealer. I bought it brand new. Dealer was no help he said he had never seen a frame as bad as mine. When I asked what and to do, he told me to decide for myself what to do. The frame and suspension were so bad he said the vehicle was unsafe to drive. Confirmed by another Ford dealership. I now have a vehicle which is Ford's signature truck which may simply go to the junk yard. All said it can not be fixed. I would need a new frame for ca. 18000. Not worth repairing. Called Ford and they simply said there was nothing they could do. It is evident the frame was defective when assembled.

- Stonington, CT, USA