2005 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-150:

2005 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 252014

The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-150. While driving 25 mph, the rear passenger side shock absorber detached from the frame of the vehicle. The dealer stated that the entire frame was corroded and needed to be replaced. The contact was informed that the vehicle was unsafe to drive. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 13,000.

- Stonington, CT, USA

Oct 022008

Was sitting idle in a parking lot when suddenly I heard a loud pop. When I started to roll my window down on my 2005 Ford F150 super cab, the window dropped down and sounded like broken glass. After removing the panel I saw the cable messed up. Then after googling to find an answer, I discovered that this is the exact problem that dozens, perhaps hundreds of others are experiencing with the power window regulator. The plastic clip breaks and the cable gets messed up. Ford is making a killing off owners by using cheap, breakable parts. This should be recalled! I have no money to replace this regulator right now, so I am at the mercy of the gods in hope that someone doesn't steal my truck, or it doesn't rain, since with this part broken the window will not stay up. Please push this through for a recall!

- Cedar Hill, TX, USA