8.0

1. replace the power window regulator (124 reports)
  3. replace regulator (6 reports)
  4. replaced switch in the door (3 reports)
  5. wood wedged in door frame to keep window from falling (2 reports)
  6. fix broken wire in door (1 reports)
2005 Ford F-150 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-150:

2005 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

Feb 012013

F-150 5.4L

Power windows pick and choose when they work. By looking at the rest of the complaints I guess we aren't the only family affected by this. Recall the faulty work done on these trucks. Better product = better business. Don't go sh*tty on us Ford!

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jan 202014

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8

While driving on the Freeway, suddenly the glass falls into the door. Did some research, got some help from online videos, and hopefully I order the correct Electric Glass Regulator ($300.00) and I will be set to go. Definitely annoying especially when you look at the part that broke, it's made of plastic. Very inconvenient since I live in an apartment that has an open carport.

- , Redwood City, CA, USA

Dec 032013

F-150 XLT V8

I will be having this fixed but am very upset with all the window problems that I have had with my F150!! My husband is thinking that it is a fuse but I am unsure do to the fact that we have had both side windows replaced because they both fell into the door! I feel like it is becoming a money pit just to keep the windows working.

- , Garner, NC, USA

Aug 142013

F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.4L V8

This is a widespread problem. The window regulators are obviously either manufactured or designed improperly.

- , Rumford, Rhode Island, USA

Jun 042012

F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton V8

One day I went to lower the window while at a fast food drive through and it wouldn't work. Later I tried all of the windows and they wouldn't work. I went online and discovered this is a common problem with this truck, the Ford F150, not only for my 2005 but other model years as well. First, I tried replacing the fuse and that didn't work. Then I popped for a new master switch at the Ford Dealership, spending $105.00 (total rip off but I just wanted to fix it today and not wait for the part).

The windows still didn't work. When I tried to return the switch they refused to refund my money. Now I read online that the window regulator is a huge issue. I'm stumped as to how to solve this problem. Fortunately the power windows stopped working while the windows were up. From what I'm reading it's going to cost me a small fortune to get this issue resolved and fixed and then it sounds like it will be an ongoing problem.

I'm selling it and will never buy another Ford...EVER. This seems to be a known problem, which the guy at the dealership confirmed. A company that refuses to fix a known defect for it's customers doesn't deserve to be in business and I refuse to waste another dime on any of their products. I guess my father-in-law was right in telling me what the acronym for FORD is...(F)ix (O)r (R)epair (D)aily.

- , Riverton, UT, USA

Jun 012013

F-150 XL 5.4L V8

This is my second time replacing this same window regulator. After seeing all the complaints on the internet about this, (I know Ford can see them tooooooooooo!) you would think Ford would be proactive and respect their customers by fixing this problem (for good) with a quality part and under a recall to pay for it. I have owned some kind of a ford for over 40 years and have taken pride in feeling that ford is the leader in setting the standard for quality, service, humility and respect. But like so many other companies today, that standard seems to be not important, just the bottom dollar net profit.

- , Camden, SC, USA

Jun 142013

F-150 XLT 5.4L V8

Driver Side power window regulator failure on F-150 Supercrew. This is the 4rd failure on this vehicle. Overal cost was greater than $1000 on the four failures. Seems to be a consitent issue in this vehicle.

- , Carlsbad Ca, CA, USA

Oct 302012

F-150 FX4 5.4L

Well this problem happened on the driver side door in May of 2012. I thought things happen and just fixed the window regulator at a cost of $260. In October of 2012 the same thing happened to the passenger window regulator. I called Ford this time and let them know of the pattern and so many others that have had this problem. I was told nothing could be done. I have been a Ford man all of my life, but no more. I am going to trade this vehicle in on a Chevy. Sorry ford nothing can be done.

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Aug 242012

F-150 Lariat 5.7L V8

I have powered windows. Today while going to work and getting on the highway going south on I-35 in Okc, Ok. I had the driver side window partially rolled down and once I was at highway speeds I decided to roll the window up as I usually have always done before. After the window reached the closed position I heard a loud pop as if a rock hit the window and immediately after that the window fell down and slammed into the bottom well of the door panel. To my amazement and not understanding what just occurred, I tried to re-raise the window back up unsuccessfully. So far its sitting in the parking lot taped up with plastic over it since its about to rain until I can get it taken care of. On another note the other rear back passengers windows squeak when they are raised or lowered. What next!! Probably more of the same.Sweet!!

- , Luther, OK, USA

Aug 282012

F-150 Lariot 5.4L

2005 Ford f150 super crew lariat

My back window regulator went out a few months back, but at least it was in the shut position. My front driver's side door window regulator went out yesterday. I am leaving tomorrow, so needed a quick fix and took it to Cerritos Ford for service. I just picked it up and they charged me $490. I had gone online and looked at the internet cost and couldn't find one over $90 with most being around $50. When I asked the service clerk why I was being charged so much, he said it was because it was a better product than after market. I said, "Soo, you mean it doesn't break then?" He said yes, so I asked him why mine broke then. He didn't have an answer.

PS. They also said its warranty is 30 days. Nice confidence it their product. This is one of the reasons you don't take your car in for service to the dealer.

- , Lakewood, CA, USA

Apr 102012

F-150 Lariat 5.4L V6

passenger side front window regulator failure. $400 to fix problem.

- , Fallon, NV, USA

Jul 162012

F-150 Lariat 5.4L V6

Driver Side power window regulator failure on F-150 Supercrew. This is the 3rd failure on this vehicle. Overal cost was greater than $1000 on the three failures. Seems to be a consitent issue in this vehicle.

- , Fallon, NV, USA

May 262012

F-150 FX4 5.4L

Driving on freeway, heard loud pop from driver's door, then window dropped into door. Drove home, removed door panel and found the regulator cables had broke. Waiting to order replacement online. Holiday weekend really sucks. FORD, step up and take care of your crappy parts. I have owned two Rangers and two F150's. No more FORD for me. I'm installing a new regulator, then selling the truck.

- , Turlock, CA, USA

May 062012

F-150 Lariat 4x4 5.8L V8

happened while raising the window parked @ a supermarket. loud pop and the window disappeared into the doorwell. very thankful this didn't happen while on the interstate. got online to check problem out & was surprised to find how common a problem this is. now I'm waiting for the other windows to fail. Ford needs to address this as this has potential for some serious lawsuits. Make if right Ford or I'll never buy another truck from you !

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA

May 012012

F-150 Lariat

Lost both front regulators with in a week of each other. Vehicle has ~50k miles

At $385 per regulator ( crew cab ) I can expect to spent $1,600 to keep all window working. Add this to the new transmisson at 35k miles ( $3k ), and the cam phasers at 30k miles ( $2.8k ) and the brakes 3 times and this truck has been a money pit.

My advice for what it's worth, "Do Not Buy FORD !"

- , San Jose, CA, USA

Aug 152011

F-150 XLT 5.4L Triton

The vehicle was parked at my home, my wife and I had gone to the store in her vehicle and when we got home she noticed the window on the drivers side down and when we inspected the trouble the glass had fell down in the door. I purchased the regulator at the dealer and a friend of mine (a ford mechanic) replaced it for me! Needless to say this is the last ford I will buy. Not even to the 30000 mile checkup. Piss on Ford!

- , Hampton, GA, USA

Apr 012012

F-150 XLT 5.4L Triton

This is the passenger side front glass, the drivers side did the same about six months ago.

The vehicle was parked and the window fell to the bottom of the door. I would like to stick both regulators up fords a!

- , Hampton, GA, USA

Jul 072008

F-150 XLT 5.4L

It was the driver's window switch. Piss poor quality when the switch goes out with less then 34000 miles on the truck. The passenger door switch went out a month later. The service writer tried to give me grief over that switch, saying the truck was now out of warranty. I had bought the truck 4 months prior as a Certified Used from this dealer. I stomped over to my salesman and raised some hell and they paid for the switch. Now have 72000 miles and starting to have switch problems again with both switches, and this time I will have to pay for it.

- , Nampa, ID, USA

Jan 252012

F-150 Lariat

This is now my second power window failure - first the Driver's front, now the Passenger front. I'm saddened to hear that Ford KNOWS that this is a problem and they fail to take ownership. On to Toyota for now!

- , Newport Beach, CA, USA

Oct 232011

F-150 King Ranch 5.4L V8

This is the 3rd wimdow regulator I have replaced, not counting the factory one. All on the drivers side window. I replaced this one myself for $168 part. The gealer replaced the others for around $400 each

- , Cypress, TX, USA