7.0

2. replace hubs (1 reports)
2006 Ford F-150 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford F-150:

2006 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Nov 272011

F-150 XL 4.6L

54k on it and the driver side hub is bad. Never had hub problems with any other 4wd I have ever owned. This truck is junk and it has many problems.

- , Norfolk, NE, USA

Aug 152007

F-150 4x4 5.4L

My IWE solenoid started acting up back in August 2007. That was after my motor blew at 86,000 miles due to a failed injector which Ford acknowledged defective injectors in there Norfolk plant till conveniently 16 days prior to my truck coming off the line. I also have experienced the motor surging while braking but again that problem doesn't exist on my year!

Now my 4x4 wont engage and I believe it is due to the IWE solenoid. I started hearing the grinding back in 06 2 months after purchasing the truck. The dealer dismissed it as nothing and it only occur occasionally and would stop before I could get it looked at.

So when my motor had to be replaced at a cost of $3000 to me (supposedly Ford covered half according to Williamsburg Motors?) my 4x4 wouldn't engage. I was told by the mechanics that it was due to my lack of engaging the four wheel drive. Now I realize it is a faulty system.

It's amazing that so many complaints fall on def ears and are ignored by the manufacturer.

NO WONDER THE GOVERNMENT HAD TO BAIL OUT THE AMERICAN AUTO INDUSTRY!

- , Gloucester, VA, USA